Decent but affordable hex bits?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jspaceman

by jspaceman

I'm looking to get a set of metric hex bits for working on my bike. The Snap-On and Bondhus stuff is nice, but out of my price range. I'm leaning towards either the Park Tool SBS-1 set, or some Lisle hex bits I saw at Princess Auto.

I've had good luck with Park Tool stuff in the past, don't know much about Lisle though. Are they a decent brand? I want something that fits the hex bolt fairly precise and won't round the bolt. The Park Tool bits are around the same price as the Lisle bits, but you get more 'stuff' with the Park Tool bits (Torx bits and sockets).

racer1

by racer1

Sorry, wrong info.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Svetty

by Svetty

I'm not certain but I think Bondhus make these for many brands including Park. Quality tools that last a lifetime are an investment that will repay itself over time IMO.

jspaceman

by jspaceman

I came across this article at Bike Radar, which states:

Bondhus, a US-based manufacturer that specializes in hex wrenches, is another company vocal on the importance of tool tolerances and material hardness. Bondhus sells under its own brand, but also produces the hex (and Torx) tools for popular American brands such as Park Tool and Snap-On.

The Bondhus 5mm hex wrenches they tested are pretty tight, with the Park Tool close behind.