Upgradeing to ultegra 6870 di2!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Rasmuskiwi

by Rasmuskiwi

Hello Weight Weenies

Dont know if this is the right place to post this, but here goes!

I'am riding a Giant Propel Advanced 3 from 2014.

It has been upgraded with shimano ultegra 6800. I have thought alot about upgradeing it even further, to the ultegra 6870 - I'am just wondering if it is possible to run a internal battery on this bike, and how to fit it (Some pictures would be awesome). :D and also if i need something Giant specific for the cable holes

Kind regards Rasmus

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grouk

by grouk

i dont know if i understand your question but the battery stays inside seatpost and for holes shimano have some grommets

Rasmuskiwi

by Rasmuskiwi

Thanks for the answer grouk!

My english isn't the best :-) How do i put the battery inside an aero seatpost? i know some manufactors make adaptors for round seatposts, but i havn't seen anything that would fit my giant aero seatpost. what would you recommend? ;-)

Rasmus

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

Wrap the battery with foam and zip ties before throw it into the seat tube. Like this....

http://glorycycles.blogspot.com/2013/03 ... rsion.html

grouk

by grouk

my english isn´t good too

i have a spec venge with a aero seatpost and aero seat tube. i tink is better put the batery in the seat tube better gc and no loose wires. i use bubble rap around the batery eletric tape and left a loop on fishing wire to pull the batery when is need. dont forget to do that. in my local bike shop they use a montain bike grip but i think is too heavy mi setup weighs only 2/3 grms. sorry but dont have photos

isnt fancy but is super functional and no sound from clap batery in the frame

Rasmuskiwi

by Rasmuskiwi

Thanks you very much grouk and ipenguinking, that helped a lot! I will post some pictures of the bike when it is fully assembled :-)

Kind regards
Rasmus

chronsbons

by chronsbons

does your 6800 groupset need a new home?

i might be interested...

rosenbergemil

by rosenbergemil

Hey! I have a 6870 brand new rear derailleur for sale if you want one. It's new in box, unused and I'll let it go for cheap =)

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I have a FD 6870.. Low miles ~300.. Will let it go cheap to.. Decided on 9070 instead
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Cheetahmk7

by Cheetahmk7

If you drop the battery down the head tube, you can slide it down into the bottom bracket and then manoeuvre it up into the seat tube. Just wrap it in some foam before you install the bottom bracket.

prebsy

by prebsy

Even if a frame is made for an external battery as long as you have a hole from the bb to the seat tube you can run the internal battery correctly. I have a foil from 2012 (made for external battery) and I run an internal battery and just use the rubber adapter from ritchey to keep it secure in the post.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com