Small request for owners of Cannondale EVO/CAAD10 and SISL2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MisterMuncher

by MisterMuncher

109 spindle is inherently assymetric, by design, unless you are using BB30A. Measuring the 104/SL spindle crank on my CAAD10, there's next to no asymmetry, a mm at most. I think the only way you could balance it, if it is an issue, is fitting a spindle extender to the NDS pedal.

Sacke

by Sacke

I continued to look at different tech manuals and installation instructions.

In the end, instead of putting 3 x 0,5mm shims on the NDS, I removed the cranks and put one of the 0,5mm shims on the drive side, and left 2 shims on the non drive side.

I know the tech manual doesn't recommend doing it, since the chain line gets changed, but one shim was ok and the Dura-Ace 9000 front derailleur could be adjusted perfectly.

I did try putting 2 shims first on the drive side, but then the limiter screw couldn't be adjusted enough to avoid chain rubbing against the derailleur cage when in the smallest gear.

In the end, the change meant that the cranks were moved 1mm to the right, and it was enough. Did a little test ride last night, and it felt perfect. A big difference from before!

Problem solved. :)

MisterMuncher wrote:109 spindle is inherently assymetric, by design, unless you are using BB30A. Measuring the 104/SL spindle crank on my CAAD10, there's next to no asymmetry, a mm at most. I think the only way you could balance it, if it is an issue, is fitting a spindle extender to the NDS pedal.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com