Canyon shipping to US

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bluemax

by Bluemax

Greetings WW

Back in Jan I asked opinions on this forum about the Canyon F10. Following that I went ahead and ordered a new frame. The frame per Canyon's email shipped on the promised date. However, they cannot furnish a Tracking number and without it I cannot check where the frame is with DHL. It has now been 2 weeks+ since shipping. Questions:
1. Anyone on the forum in the US order a frame/bike from Canyon and how long did it take?
2. Anyone have experience with DHL?

Thanks

:(

nexusheli

by nexusheli

Even through DHL, shipping overseas can take many, many weeks. Due to recent homeland security issues, customs can hold any shipment it likes for as long as it likes. If your DHL shipment was on the slow-boat, it's possible it got consolodated in a sea container with who knows what else and very possibly could be sitting on the dock in NY.

The DHL tracking number won't help you anyway. Once something leaves the dock or airport here, they are very poor at updating. I've had items delivered in the UK that were showing on DHL's website as still sitting on the dock.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

Bluemax wrote:Greetings WW

Back in Jan I asked opinions on this forum about the Canyon F10. Following that I went ahead and ordered a new frame. The frame per Canyon's email shipped on the promised date. However, they cannot furnish a Tracking number and without it I cannot check where the frame is with DHL. It has now been 2 weeks+ since shipping. Questions:
1. Anyone on the forum in the US order a frame/bike from Canyon and how long did it take?
2. Anyone have experience with DHL?

Thanks

:(

i am on the same boat as you my friend. i am in NYC and i am also waiting on my canyon frame to get here. hope it gets here tomorrow. pm me if you like. canyon said that it should be here this week, so i am waiting all day tomorrow.

Ducati2

by Ducati2

I feel your pain. A little over two weeks ago I bought some Perseus brakes and LW wheels from Gypzybike and two KCNC cassettes from a guy in Japan. I run to my companies mail clerk everyday ready to see the packages and end up walking away with a frown. I guess I am too much of an instant gratification shopper....maybe the wait will make me appreciate the stuff even more?!

beavisbnc1

by beavisbnc1

A DHL truck pulled out of a driveway into a field sprint in a race i was in a couple years ago. I almost hit it. Now I don't like DHL.

Bluemax

by Bluemax

Thanks everyone. I see I'm not the only one with this problem. I'll keep waiting! :(
So how long did it take for anyone in US to get their frame/bike? I also wonder how many Canyons are in the US.

Paul

FelixOr

by FelixOr

Hi Bluemax.
Sorry to hear that you have to wait so long. But dont worry, it took four weeks that i received a 20*20cm package from oversea...... i also thought it got lost.
You will get your frame, and you will like it :)

-Felix

spytech

by spytech

with all this overseas delay, i will never finish my bike...lol still have to get thm cranks, actually found someone who has them in stock.

anyone else here has a canyon frame on order, just waiting for recieve it?

Bluemax

by Bluemax

Spytech,

What sort of cranks are you planning to put on the frame? I'm trying to decide between Pulsions or Record Campy for my build but am open to any ideas or suggestions.

Paul

spytech

by spytech

Bluemax wrote:Spytech,

What sort of cranks are you planning to put on the frame? I'm trying to decide between Pulsions or Record Campy for my build but am open to any ideas or suggestions.

Paul

ZG cranks when i get them, but i am looking for a set of THM cranks, i found someone who currently has them in stock. i am just waiting for their bank info to do a transfer.

i would choose the pulsion cranks over the campy (thats just me). which pulsions will you get? how much do you want to spend? THM is out of my price range, but i will make the sacrifice, just wanted something special on the canyon frame. matching the STW ratio of the canyon with the THM cranks would be perfect.

by the way you have a pm with my build list.

collideous

by collideous

Wow, just took a quick look at the Canyon site. When did Canyon reinvent itself? Back in the late nineties Canyon was sort of a European Huffy - cheap and usually sold in retail stores. When did they change to higher quality bikes?
blogging at 29in.ch

spytech

by spytech

Who else has a canyon frame in the USA??? already purchased and recieved. how much did you have to pay for duty tax, and did DHL make the delievery themselves or did they hand it off to the local post office or someone else?

divve

by divve

It's hard to tell what's causing shipping delays if you don't know exactly what method of shipping has been used. I regular ship stuff all over the world and almost never experience delays. Priority shipping or guaranteed delivery time does come at a price however.

Bluemax

by Bluemax

Just to let everyone know, the frame finally arrived today - delivered by the US Postal Service. It took 27 days! Must have been a very slow Boat :-)
Duty was $ 35.00.
Now the fun begins and I can start my build. Planning primarily Campy Record but still undecided about seat post, saddle, and handlebars, any suggestions?

Thanks all for your previous advice and comment.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

Bluemax wrote:Just to let everyone know, the frame finally arrived today - delivered by the US Postal Service. It took 27 days! Must have been a very slow Boat :-)
Duty was $ 35.00.
Now the fun begins and I can start my build. Planning primarily Campy Record but still undecided about seat post, saddle, and handlebars, any suggestions?

Thanks all for your previous advice and comment.

I am on the look out for mine :!: thanks for the heads up