New bike help - Cipollini RB800 or De Rosa Superking 888

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tommasini

by tommasini

Tommasini VLC3 is also still Italian made carbon tubing that is hand assembled (VLC3 is tube to tube) in Italy.

Harmitc

by Harmitc

audiojan wrote:Maybe more expensive, but what about Pinarello Dogma F8? Made in Italy…. so is the Colnago C60 (which is a very, very nice bike).

The F8 is made in the Far East. C60 is Italian made.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

Are you absolutely and without any doubts sure, that all C60 tubes and lugs are not made in Far East and then "made" ( cut, bonded, polished, painted ) in Italy ?

Do you know Italian law requirements for label "made in Italy" ? ;)
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

audiojan wrote:Maybe more expensive, but what about Pinarello Dogma F8? Made in Italy…. so is the Colnago C60 (which is a very, very nice bike).

I just got my C60 a little over a week ago. Several rides later, simply an amazing ride.
It only hurts if you think.

BlackMadone

by BlackMadone

stormur wrote:Are you absolutely and without any doubts sure, that all C60 tubes and lugs are not made in Far East and then "made" ( cut, bonded, polished, painted ) in Italy ?

Do you know Italian law requirements for label "made in Italy" ? ;)

The tubes and lugs are made in Asian and then shipped to Italy for final assembly.

MiddMan

by MiddMan

I'm not sure about the F8. While I'm sure the carbon is sourced from Asia, I did see a frame at my local bike shop with a 'made in Italy' sticker on the downtube. That said, it was a sticker (ie not decal) which appeared like it would come off rather easily. Contra other manufacturers (Copnago C60, Sarto, Cipollini, etc) who definitely paint the 'fatto a mano in italia' as a matter of pride.

Nothing wrong with Asian made frames in fact (the legit ones), but I can totally understand the desire to have Italian-made. But most all are going to get their carbon from Asia... Giant and TIME are the only two I know that make their own. Colnago is the only company to have exclusive rights to ALL its bikes to use the high-quality Japanese Toray carbon.

lisu

by lisu

Had the same dillema, finaly decided for Cippo RB800.

arthurf wrote:Bond is also more practical with a standard adjustable seatpost rather than the mast

you can use bond's seat tube clip if you want, like I do. You also need a Bond's post ofcourse.

jonnyf

by jonnyf

So I have now been advised that the De Rosa King XS is made in Italy. This looks like a serious piece of equipment so it's between this and a Sarto Dinamica. argh!