New Giant TT bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

virenque

by virenque

abjra

by abjra

Saw that too, at first glance it doesn't look too different but you can tell a lot of small refinements have taken place, most excitingly they have done away with the TERRIBLE front brake they had before and the cables no longer go through a hole in the downtube to the rear brake/derailleurs. I'm a little surprised that we're not seeing a more "extreme" design like a bolide or a canyon since the old trinity adv SL is a super old design (relatively speaking) but I suppose it's a testament to how fast that original design was.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ph445

by ph445

Wheels Giant product?

audiojan

by audiojan

ph445 wrote:Wheels Giant product?

I think it might be Pro.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

jooo

by jooo

I really hope the Propel gets the same updated cable routing!

Sky have been using the Tri-Spoke since the Vuelta from memory, but I think Giant are the only other team I've seen with it? Most of the Shimano teams have been using the TeXtreme disc for a while now though.

abjra wrote:.... I suppose it's a testament to how fast that original design was.

Yeah, I think so too. The new Scott Plasma changed maybe a little more to the naked eye, but again not a whole lot compared to the original. AFAIK both the old Plasma and Trinity still hold their own against some other company's new bikes despite being closer to 10 years old. Both Scott and Giant got Simon Smart's company to design them, so that's probably why they were on the money compared to others who really just seem to be pseudo-aero :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

Both of those bikes were about a generation or two behind, just because they've made minor changes doesn't mean that those frames were fast, or that the small changes here don't have a large impact (hopefully).

http://www.aeroweenie.com/assets/img/da ... rinity.jpg
http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Cervelo_ ... _1929.html
(Yes, those tests have some issues, no it's not going to cause those frames to leapfrog to the front)