Fizik Cyrano 00 Seatpost for Colnago C60, reviews / stockist

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MisterEd

by MisterEd

Hi,

I'm deciding on which parts to use to finish off a Colnago C60 build and am leaning towards giving Fizik a try:

- Cyrano 00 seatpost
- Cyrano R3 bull handle bars
- Cyrano Stem

Does anyone have any experience of these parts?

My other thoughts are to go with a black on black Deda Alanera bar/stem and a superleggero seatpost.

Any thoughts or comments would be great before I try and decide :)

Also, I'm having great trouble finding anyone in Europe with the Cyrano 00 seatpost in stock (I'm in the UK), does anyone know of anywhere with one?

Thank! :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joosttx

by joosttx

I have the R01 seat post, 00 bull handlebar, and the 01 stem on my c60. All are fine and I would. Recommend the handlebar and stem but to be honest the seatpost looks ugly on the C60. I would get the Colnago OEM seatpost
Last edited by joosttx on Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmitc

by Harmitc

That's exactly the spec' I used to build my C60. In my opinion it all works well, suits the bike and being from the same manufacturer matches nicely. I used Deda on my C59 and it's equally good but as I run Fizik saddles I thought I'd give it all a go on the C60. I am in the UK and sourced it all via my local bike shop.
Last edited by Harmitc on Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fa63

by fa63

I agree with joosttx; get whatever stem bar combo you want but stick with the Colnago seatpost.

I would personally go with Deda for the bar and stem.

MisterEd

by MisterEd

Thanks for the replies, the Colnago seatpost would probably be a good choice.

I've gone for the C60 in pink italia (for some reason...) so I really wanted the components to be as logo/colour free as possible to tone it down a little (hence the fizik 00) but I guess a matte black Colnago would fit in well.

Oh and saddle would be fizik Aliante r1 braided (black/black)

Cheers all! :)

joosttx

by joosttx

MisterEd wrote:Thanks for the replies, the Colnago seatpost would probably be a good choice.

I've gone for the C60 in pink italia (for some reason...) so I really wanted the components to be as logo/colour free as possible to tone it down a little (hence the fizik 00) but I guess a matte black Colnago would fit in well.

Oh and saddle would be fizik Aliante r1 braided (black/black)

Cheers all! :)

The Pink one is the way to go. I wish I had the option of that color.

steventran

by steventran

I don't think the 00 seatpost is available yet. I came across one site that said it had 2 in stock, but now I can't find it. I emailed Fizik in April and they said they'd be delayed at least a month due to manufacturing issues. Glory Cycles has updated their estimated date at least twice over the last few months, each time pushing it out about 6 weeks. I believe it currently says 6/30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superdx

by superdx

I've also been looking forward to a review, thought you would buy it directly from Fizik's website but haven't been able to do so for months. They announced it last year too!

steventran

by steventran

Apparently, Wiggle have 3 in stock (27.2) and Chain Reaction Cycles have 2 (no size specified).

steventran

by steventran

Conflicting information on Glory Cycles, which now states an expected release date of Oct 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steventran

by steventran

Looks like they're in stock now at various retailers. Saw a picture on Blacksmith Cycle's instagram, too. Would be pretty disappointed if weight is 190g instead of the 175g announced a year ago. The R1 is only 10g heavier, but about $100 cheaper.

corky

by corky

Saw a Cyrano 00 in Sigmasport today...... Looks very nice and I have no doubts about the clamp. On my wanted list.

Would like to see a picture of one mounted on a bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com