New Canyon Ultimate spotted

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

zackfraser

by zackfraser

Victoire Cycles in France has just made a steel cluster like the new Ultimate, aptly named: small triple triangle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

outnumbered

by outnumbered

I'm glad that I've just bought one of the old ones. With the significant change to sizing, I'd now fall between the XL and 2XL sizes, and neither would work for me !

amey

by amey

outnumbered wrote:I'm glad that I've just bought one of the old ones. With the significant change to sizing, I'd now fall between the XL and 2XL sizes, and neither would work for me !

Hows that possible with seatpost setback and stem options?
Spacer(s) and longer stem on slightly smaller size or slammed slightly shorter stem on slightly bigger size ..

jeffy

by jeffy

shame about the sizing change. the old one fitted perfect. this one, not so much.
Last edited by jeffy on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

outnumbered

by outnumbered

amey wrote:
outnumbered wrote:I'm glad that I've just bought one of the old ones. With the significant change to sizing, I'd now fall between the XL and 2XL sizes, and neither would work for me !

Hows that possible with seatpost setback and stem options?
Spacer(s) and longer stem on slightly smaller size or slammed slightly shorter stem on slightly bigger size ..

For my case, it's a combination of not enough headtube/stack on the new XL frame (hence bars would be slightly too low) and too much reach on the 2XL. OK, so maybe I could use a 100mm stem on the 2XL, or flip the stem on the XL but there's probably something else out there that would fit better without having to compromise.

GorrGrimWolf

by GorrGrimWolf

I am probably one of the few who are happy about the change in GEO. I was between M and L, now I am perfect M. The GEO reach,stack wise is kinda similar to BMC SLR01 which suits me perfectly.

I am just not a fan of the new cockpit. I pay for something I will never use. I dont think they make one in 130mm lenght.

continuum

by continuum

Looks nice!

DavidMLee

by DavidMLee

looks pretty similar to Cervelo R series.. integrated seat clamp and cockpit looks cool though.
Legend HT 9.5 RED 22
Colnago C60 Super Record
S-Works Tarmac 2016 eTap
S-Works Tarmac 2015 DA
Cervelo R3 2015 UT
Cervelo S2 2014 UT
Spesh Venge Elite 105

Andres

by Andres

The seatpost clamping mechanism looks interesting.

zackfraser

by zackfraser

I know I don't adjust my seat often, but it still looks really inconvenient.

mook0576

by mook0576

Seat clamp bolt is moved to seat tube! That's awesome but I like 2015bikes design