Pinarello F8 and aerodynamics

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

audiojan

by audiojan

How aero is the F8? Compared to for example Venge, Foil, BMC TMR, etc
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

IchDien

by IchDien

I've no data but it's not even in the same league I imagine.

More aerodynamic than the previous Dogma was about all they had in mind surely?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^ this is my guess as well.. I don't have an aero road bike in the stable .. But it would be my next consideration as long as weight it kept reasonable .
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

audiojan

by audiojan

Thanks. That's kind of what I thought. Either way, it's an amazing machine and "aero enough" I guess.

Plus, I live in the mountains, so it's more about descending, then anything else...
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

CEVelo

by CEVelo

I have both an F8 and a Cervelo S3, and can spot no meaningful difference in aero feeling or performance. E.g when maintaining speed over a flat road, they both behave very similar and I am actually faster on the F8 when descending. The F8 feels stiffer, have a slightly more compliant ride and sense of 'being on rails' that the S3 (although now i am splitting hairs as they are both great frames)

mimason

by mimason

Not really sure but my guess would be close to the Foil. With the narrower head tube and kam style tubes along with Jaguar support for testing I doubt it's snake oil.

53x12

by 53x12

CEVelo wrote:I have both an F8 and a Cervelo S3, and can spot no meaningful difference in aero feeling or performance. E.g when maintaining speed over a flat road, they both behave very similar and I am actually faster on the F8 when descending. The F8 feels stiffer, have a slightly more compliant ride and sense of 'being on rails' that the S3 (although now i am splitting hairs as they are both great frames)

Take your power meter and do some field tests between the two.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

borinomi

by borinomi

The aero would be not meaningful difference comparing to the other bikes.

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

Bumping this up because Chris Yu of Specialized just mentioned "The Pinarello F8 and Canyon Aeroroad both also slot into that same grouping." (Talking about a +/-10s over 40km grouping of bikes including the S5, AR, and Propel)
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/cgi-bin/gfo ... 99#5595399

So obviously very good aerodynamics wise.

audiojan

by audiojan

Thanks BeeSeeBee!

logy

by logy

Anyone have actual frame set weights for an f8? Considering a purchase...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiojan

by audiojan

The F8 is not very light… I built my 54cm F8 950 (nude/red) with exactly the same components as my Neil Pryde Bura SL (except BB, where I'm using a Zipp Vuma ceramic for the F8) and it's about 200gr (maybe more) heavier. It's light enough though (am I even allowed to say that here?!).