New light alloy frame option by Merckx: Blockhaus 67

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

Nice frame, especially the rear end.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

User Name

by User Name

Interesting. Jee, they could've set it up cooler and put some hotter wheels on it to give a better first impression :D

Svetty

by Svetty

Obviously not a WW build - spacers alone must weight 100g :lol:

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

The bike says "Merckx" but the writeup used "Eddy Merckx" several times as though he personally was involved. Is that really the case?
According to Eddy Merckx, the mechanically formed tubes are also lighter than more conventionally hydroformed ones.

As they used to say on "Yes Minister" a courageous decision, to put out an alloy frame today at that price.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Not a bad looking bike, but tough sell trying to compete with an Aluminum road bike against Cannondale CAAD, Specialized Allez and a few others who have better distribution and are more established in the space. Seems like Merckx is attempting to try new things since their failed partnership with Gita, not sure this is it.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

Sir Rides a Lot

by Sir Rides a Lot

bikerjulio wrote:The bike says "Merckx" but the writeup used "Eddy Merckx" several times as though he personally was involved. Is that really the case?
According to Eddy Merckx, the mechanically formed tubes are also lighter than more conventionally hydroformed ones.

As they used to say on "Yes Minister" a courageous decision, to put out an alloy frame today at that price.

I recall that Eddy Merckx no longer owns the brand, but that he acts as kind of a spokes person for marketing means.

As for the bike, bare frame looks good, but they mess it up in paint. Will probably be a hit in Belgium though :wink:

LouisN

by LouisN

Sir Rides a Lot wrote:As for the bike, bare frame looks good, but they mess it up in paint.

Yes.
Take the bare frame, with powdercoat finish, and you may have a (nicer) sub 1100 g frame.
Would also make a more "international" product IMO.

Louis :)

nickf

by nickf

Can pick up a ALR Emonda with full 105 for around $300 cheaper. Frame weights all coming in around the same also. I can only think of one Merckx dealer near me.

pimenta

by pimenta

What you guys think of this bike (year 2016) for about 820 euro? The size XS weights 8.3kg. This size is on sale at Merlin.

My idea is to reach 7.5kg, so I will first upgrade the wheels, and then some cockpit parts to carbon ones.

regards

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ducman

by ducman

Looks like a bike from 10 years ago.