2016 Venge

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

highdraw

by highdraw

knukkeltje wrote:If being hidden in the pack until that final attack was only a fraction of his strategy, what was the vast majority then?

That others..perhaps several others had the same strategy. The difference aside from the bike he chose for the job is Peter Sagan can knife through traffic better than other riders and has an unbelievable combination of speed and endurance...plus as mentioned his unbelievable descending skill. He is a virtuoso. He played to his strength and it worked. Its more about the rider than the bike. There is very little difference between the bikes and of course not much difference between the riders either...several right behind him after many grueling miles of racing.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Is there not a way to ignore certain posters like on other forums? That would make this thread 2 pages long for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

knukkeltje

by knukkeltje

highdraw wrote:That others..perhaps several others had the same strategy. The difference aside from the bike he chose for the job is Peter Sagan can knife through traffic better than other riders and has an unbelievable combination of speed and endurance...plus as mentioned his unbelievable descending skill. He is a virtuoso. He played to his strength and it worked. Its more about the rider than the bike. There is very little difference between the bikes and of course not much difference between the riders either...several right behind him after many grueling miles of racing.

So I guess you agree with my statements about the strategy he choose and add some known facts about his specific talents?

highdraw

by highdraw

SLCBrandon wrote:Is there not a way to ignore certain posters like on other forums? That would make this thread 2 pages long for me.

And if the forum relied upon you for substance versus your trolling, the forum wouldn't exist.

nd2rc

by nd2rc

SLCBrandon wrote:Is there not a way to ignore certain posters like on other forums? That would make this thread 2 pages long for me.

+1

highdraw

by highdraw

knukkeltje wrote:
highdraw wrote:That others..perhaps several others had the same strategy. The difference aside from the bike he chose for the job is Peter Sagan can knife through traffic better than other riders and has an unbelievable combination of speed and endurance...plus as mentioned his unbelievable descending skill. He is a virtuoso. He played to his strength and it worked. Its more about the rider than the bike. There is very little difference between the bikes and of course not much difference between the riders either...several right behind him after many grueling miles of racing.

So I guess you agree with my statements about the strategy he choose and add some known facts about his specific talents?

But doesn't my embellishment add credence?...lol. Afterall it was his talent that caused him to win. Others had his strategy...perhaps many...but didn't have the legs, descending ability or handling skills to pull it off. Strategy only matters if it works. Every rider had a strategy in the race. Only one was perfectly effective.

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

You can go to your User Control Panel and under Friends & Foes (left side) you can add people to your ignore (Foes) list. Unfortunately it doesn't completely remove their posting, it just hides the post and presents a box telling you that it's been hidden and that you can click a button to view it. My curiosity always gets the better of me, but if you have more self control it's an option :D

goodboyr

by goodboyr

nd2rc wrote:

+1

I believe if you use the "friend or for" selection in the user control panel you can do that.......or just pm the mod....

kgt

by kgt

2015 Worlds.
Sagan ignores the Vias, tests the old Venge, and finally chooses the Tarmac.

It sums up the whole thread just fine.

highdraw

by highdraw

I see the men's knitting group has arrived so time for me to go. Have fun boys..be sure to pass the tea and say hello to Aunt Bee...she will be along shortly to help you guys out...lol.

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Never knew about the "friends and foes". This thread is now enjoyable.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok. That's the last straw for me. Nobody be dissin' on Aunt Bee.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Thanks guys!

goodboyr

by goodboyr

highdraw wrote:I see the men's knitting group has arrived so time for me to go. Have fun boys..be sure to pass the tea and say hello to Aunt Bee...she will be along shortly to help you guys out...lol.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out........

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

knukkeltje

by knukkeltje

kgt wrote:2015 Worlds.
Sagan ignores the Vias, tests the old Venge, and finally chooses the Tarmac.

It sums up the whole thread just fine.

That's a good summary, thanks! :D

To help you a bit, here's the rest of his wins in 2015:
- Tirreno adriatico stage 6 - Venge
- Tour of California stage 4 - Venge (wheelie!)
- Tour of Switzerland stage 3 - Venge
- Tour of Switzerland stage 6 - Venge ViAS
- Slovakian national championship - Venge
- Vuelta a España stage 3 - Venge ViAS

Don't worry, I agree the WC title is most important... which I'm sure he would even have won on a Roubaix.
I'm off to my knitting class now!