Campy Neutron Hub/Freehub Issues

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

boysa

by boysa

Thanks, and thanks.

@Valbrona... what you suggest is exactly what I mentioned above, and I think you may be correct. My guess, since I tried two different lockrings, is the space between the outer freehub bearing and the end of the axle (outer) is too short. Therefore, as I tighten down the cassette, what you refer to is happening. The edge of the lockring is catching on the cartridge bearing and binding it. It is the most logical answer. I will rummage around and see if I can't locate an 11T alloy lockring to mess with.

@Androidavies... I recently had a cracked freehub, as well, and had no idea. I'll give this one a once-over, but at the end of the day my best be may be to shell out a few dollars for a new freehub. If it doesn't change anything, I'm sure it'll eventually be put to use.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

I was referring to the spacer, between the freehub and the lockring; when I've got the Shimano 11 speed freehub, I didnt find any spacer and just used what I had in the other freehub.
I found out that it was too long and compressing everything aka blocking the hub/freehub from running smoothly.
Again, hope it helps!

boysa

by boysa

Quick follow-up:

I received a new freehub, swapped it with the old one, problem solved. I only glanced at the two side-by-side but I didn't see anything remarkably different. I don't want to take it apart again as I'm getting ready for a trip over the weekend, but whenever I get a chance to dive back in there I'll see if I can get some measurements and try to discover where the difference may lie. At this point I can only believe... possibly... the outer freehub bearing is misaligned.

Thanks again to all the ideas put forth. I truly appreciate the help!

Salvatore
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny