Ahhh, Zero Gravity Brakes.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

Just got them, thanks to the man behind the product, Ted Ciamillo. Thanks man, your the best.

Offically they weighed in at 95g front, 92g rear, 187g for the set!!! I must have gotten the "superlite" version, hehe. :lol:

Looks almost identical to the CAT's, but the improvments are noted. Very nice touch with the CNC'd pad holder, a far cry from the CAT holders, ehh, don't remind me. Not to mention the cheap pads they once had are now Kool Stop, the finest there is. Titanium hardware is abundent, all but the cable tension adjustment, where it would only add weight. Titanium bolt is now used for the cable mount, surface area MUCH larger, should prevent the cable slippage the CAT's were plagued with. Spring now has correct tension, both arms move simaltaniously, as before one would hit the rim before the other started to move. Looks great, an engineering piece of art. A piece to be on every weight weenies bicycle. I'll keep you guys posted.
Attachments
ZG1.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rogue_M3

by Rogue_M3

Awesome, get them on your bike and let us know how they perform. I'm dying to pull the trigger and buy a pair so make it quick! :wink:

spytech

by spytech

im thinking about upgrading mine, but i have yet to find a reason to do so. i have logged in some riding hours this past week, and i just dont see anything wrong with these brakes. one pad does hit the rim before the other, but as long as one side doesnt stay rubbing, i am good. its more of a evolutionary than a revolutionary change. This brake was bound to be refind, but yet i do not think, it will still not boast enough braking to satisfy, ol Superlite :lol:

cadence90

by cadence90

spytech wrote:im thinking about upgrading mine, but i have yet to find a reason to do so. i have logged in some riding hours this past week, and i just dont see anything wrong with these brakes. one pad does hit the rim before the other, but as long as one side doesnt stay rubbing, i am good. its more of a evolutionary than a revolutionary change. This brake was bound to be refind, but yet i do not think, it will boast enough braking to satisfy, ol Superlite :lol:

Spytech, you can't upgrade the pad holders, and while the rest of the kit seems to resolve the earlier problems, why not not just sell your CATS on ebay (a set weent for $300.00 a week or so ago) and buy the new Zero's for $323.00, get it right all the way.

I wanna set too!!!
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Rippin

by Rippin

Those brakes look real promising!
So how do they compare to Shimano or Campy dual-pivot brakes in terms of modulation, brake feel and stopping power?
Also how difficult is it to install and adjust?

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Superlite,I've got a set of Cat Claws,and obviously they have the much smaller cable clamp bolt,is the Zero Gravity clamp bolt a larger diameter thread,or has it just got a bigger head?I've heard there's an upgrade available,but wonder if it includes this bolt?

cadence90

by cadence90

Spytech, CAADHEAD et al:

New letter from Ted Ciamillo re: upgrade from CAT to Zero.
I asked him about upgrade about 2-3 weeks ago, now he's listened and come up with a second, complete upgrade package. :!: This is super listening and Customer Service, it's pretty clear he cares that his product develop a great reputation.

The details of the upgrade packages can be viewed on a page just added to the website. The link to that page can be found at the bottom of the "spec" page, titled, "upgrade packages". http://www.zerogravitybike.com
Hi .....,

Hope you are well...
Due to the number of requests, I am now offering two upgrade packages for the '03 CAT-claws; this new one includes an upgrade to the new pad holders. I am simply re-machining them to accept the spherical surface of the holders.

Thanks,

Ted Ciamillo
Ciamillo Components, Inc. www.zerogravitybike.com
(706).757.2414

See also http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1188
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com