Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate Review

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Nice!
what is the year of your wheels?
can someone know if CCU change any thing (weight, hubs...) through years, except stickers?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

What model year are the wheels in the test?

Nice test by the way :-)

PinaRene

by PinaRene

I own a pre 2014 set of CCU wheels and they are great. Bought them in Februari this year and both front and rear wheel are etched - front with TDF711 and the rear with SSC12. Both wheels have no signs of braking and rim surface is like new. The set is slightly heavier than the Mavic site advertise with : 675 for the rear and 540 for the front - so 1215 for the pair.

I used them in the Alps this year and they are lovely to ride with, especially when climbing with them 8)

* Breaking with a pair of Swissstop Black Prince was 9/10 and no squeeking or other horrible sounds.
* Comfort is quit okay - not to bad on my Scott Foil 8/10
* Bomproof - had a really big pothole on a descent ( glad I was not on the shifters with my hands ) and wheels came out great 9/10
* Bearings - Nothing to say about now - wheels just are as they where new. I really don't know if these SSC/TDF Wheels came with Titanium freehub or ceramic bearings - didn't opened the bearing seals.
* Price - well new they are quit expensive - Bought mine 2nd hand and they are worth the money 10/10 :mrgreen:

chiefspinninggear

by chiefspinninggear

@PinaRene were these for sale? Maybe im imagining things