Sizing of Merckx San Remo 76!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Akkeman

by Akkeman

Hi,

I need help with sizing of a Merckx San Remo 76. I am 1,90 cm with an inseam of 92 and was thinking of a size 59, however when I contacted the store to purchase one they suggested a size 56. The store is located 350 km from my home town so when I get there it will mostly likely end up with a buy. The store only has a size 56 in stock and it is reduced by 30% and if I order a size 59 I will not get the discount.
The geometry can be found here: http://www.eddymerckx.be/EUR/en/bike/ma ... a#geometry

Grateful for all feedback!

Samson

by Samson

Hi,

I think a 56 will be way to small for you.
I am 1,88 cm and own a San Remo 76, size 59. I'm having a big problem with my seatpost, it is producing a heavely and constant cracking sound (very annoying).
The seatpost is a the maximum height, as is the bike manual. But apparantly there's a problem with the saddle post / with the manual, it is not long enough and thus not deep enough in the frame.
The seatpost is Merckx custom, so I cannot buy another, longer one. At Merckx, a longer seatpost does not exist.
My bike is back at the Merckx factory for about a month now, they're looking for a solution.

So I would suggest to be very carefull buying that 56 sized SR 76 if you're 1m92. You could end up having the same troubles as me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com