Sizing of Merckx San Remo 76!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Akkeman

by Akkeman

Hi,

I need help with sizing of a Merckx San Remo 76. I am 1,90 cm with an inseam of 92 and was thinking of a size 59, however when I contacted the store to purchase one they suggested a size 56. The store is located 350 km from my home town so when I get there it will mostly likely end up with a buy. The store only has a size 56 in stock and it is reduced by 30% and if I order a size 59 I will not get the discount.
The geometry can be found here: http://www.eddymerckx.be/EUR/en/bike/ma ... a#geometry

Grateful for all feedback!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samson

by Samson

Hi,

I think a 56 will be way to small for you.
I am 1,88 cm and own a San Remo 76, size 59. I'm having a big problem with my seatpost, it is producing a heavely and constant cracking sound (very annoying).
The seatpost is a the maximum height, as is the bike manual. But apparantly there's a problem with the saddle post / with the manual, it is not long enough and thus not deep enough in the frame.
The seatpost is Merckx custom, so I cannot buy another, longer one. At Merckx, a longer seatpost does not exist.
My bike is back at the Merckx factory for about a month now, they're looking for a solution.

So I would suggest to be very carefull buying that 56 sized SR 76 if you're 1m92. You could end up having the same troubles as me.