2016 Madone 9

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KWalker

by KWalker

Let me guess, DavidMLee is going to post a bunch in the for sale section soon after spamming every bike thread with non-contributions.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Scarpa

by Scarpa

DavidMLee wrote:Stealth color scheme would make it better.

Stealth color looks really good - just saw this on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/bikepalast/pho ... =3&theater

Dagger9903

by Dagger9903

I'm interested in building up one of these. Will dealers discount project-one frames only? I called one but they wanted to full retail which seems... excessive. Especially for something ordered and then just picked up from their store - they don't even need to unbox it!

I'm in CA but thinking about going to Oregon to save 10%...

russianbear

by russianbear

I wouldn't hold your breath for any discounts unless it's on the floor.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

:D WTF
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

$6k for a frameset? Yeah...I see Trek is on the crazy bandwagon now along with a few other manufacturers.

I like the frame, the brakes being easily accessible, yet aero/thoughful, solved the ride issues by the decoupler concept implemented. Aero/stiff and integrated cockpit to hide Di2 box and Garmin mount integrated. Checks all the boxes for me, and I've never owned a Trek, nor have I wanted to own one out of spite honestly, and the fact that there is really nothing special about most of their bikes until the 9.9 frameset.

Maybe in two years you might be able to find one under $3K...haha

russianbear

by russianbear

Zigmeister wrote:$6k for a frameset? Yeah...I see Trek is on the crazy bandwagon now along with a few other manufacturers.

The H2 frameset is $4500. $5500 for the H1.

romalor

by romalor

How does Trek explain the différence ?

So if you need a shorter head tube, pay more ...

Delorre

by Delorre

romalor wrote:How does Trek explain the différence ?

H1 is a higher grade carbon (according to their web site at least). So yes, shorter head tube = pay more, but you also get more :)

albertop07

by albertop07

romalor wrote:How does Trek explain the différence ?

H1 is 700 Carbon and H2 is 600 Carbon (less expensive). On Project One you can order H1 or H2 in 700 or 600 carbon. 700 carbon is about US$ 1K more.

DavidMLee

by DavidMLee

Madone looks better than Venge to me.. Curious about new paint options for 2016.
Legend HT 9.5 RED 22
Colnago C60 Super Record
S-Works Tarmac 2016 eTap
S-Works Tarmac 2015 DA
Cervelo R3 2015 UT
Cervelo S2 2014 UT
Spesh Venge Elite 105

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

russianbear wrote:
Zigmeister wrote:$6k for a frameset? Yeah...I see Trek is on the crazy bandwagon now along with a few other manufacturers.

$5,500 x 7% sales tax...$5,850, oh, and does it comes with a BB? $200 more for a quality ceramic one...$6K+. They are nuts.

Dagger9903

by Dagger9903

Definitely at the steep part of the price/value curve, but it seems like that's what the market will bear for these top frames. I applaud the differentiated thinking here though. Forces you to a more proprietary view of the world (brakes, seat-post, cockpit) but it let them do some really cool things (cleanest cockpit available, fully shielded brakes, convenient di2 integration, isotube, aero+comfort, etc.). Maybe nothing individually is all that revolutionary (although I think the complete internal routing and isotube are up there), but the package is pretty unique in my mind.

Also, for $6k you get the 700 OCLV carbon (whatever that is...), "custom" paint, made in USA frame, brakes, cockpit and seat-post. Sure, none of those things is making this a bargain, but I think it's important to be fair.

russianbear

by russianbear

Zigmeister wrote:
russianbear wrote:

$5,500 x 7% sales tax...$5,850, oh, and does it comes with a BB? $200 more for a quality ceramic one...$6K+. They are nuts.

Move to a state that doesn't have sales tax I guess.

KWalker

by KWalker

Guys think that a top of the line carbon framed that is subject to millions of dollars of design and testing isn't worth it.

But some dude welding together steel and throwing a bunch of paint on 30 year old "tech" is?

Don't get it.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com