2016 Madone 9

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MRM

by MRM

From roadcyclinguk.com "The frame, by the way is mechanical and electronic groupset compatible, but only with Shimano Di2 and not Campagnolo EPS."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nd2rc

by nd2rc

this bike is frig'n awesome

MRM

by MRM

Also regarding Campagnolo EPS again from Bicycling.com, "Note: The frame is compatible with Campagnolo EPS drivetrains, but the battery must be mounted on the outside of the frame."

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Does anyone know if there is a zero-setback seat-post option available for the Madone 9?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

0psi

by 0psi

prendrefeu wrote:Does anyone know if there is a zero-setback seat-post option available for the Madone 9?

There is a 5mm offset post available. Not sure what availability is like right now there are part numbers for a 5mm post in long and short lengths.

KWalker

by KWalker

Does anyone know if they will offer a lower tier frame in H1? And which actual bar/stem modules will be sold to the public?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

truebeliever

by truebeliever

130cm is the max length that will be offered.
I doubt they will introduce a lower level h1, you gotta pay to play...

AZR3

by AZR3

This is the first Trek I've ever liked and looks way better than the Venge ViAS

0psi

by 0psi

truebeliever wrote:130cm is the max length that will be offered.
I doubt they will introduce a lower level h1, you gotta pay to play...

130mm stem length is only available with a 42cm bar. 90mm-120mm stems will be available in 40cm-44cm bar widths.

From what I've heard there is a reasonable chance that lower H1 and higher H2 models will happen but not anytime in the near future and possibly only via Project One. That is just a rumour though.

And from what I gather the Madone range will trickle down to even lower models in coming years. I'd guess the Madone range will probably take a similar progression to the Speed Concept range.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I've seen the data that the Madone 9 is worth '19w at 40km/h compared to the Emonda'.

Is there any data on how it stacks up compared to the old Madone?

njee20

by njee20

Do we know how much the bar/stem costs? Considering either a full 9.2, or the frame, but interested to know if it's crazy expensive to buy the bars. Annoyed that H1 is only available on the expensive ones again, have to downsize to get a sensible length head tube!

KWalker

by KWalker

The old Madone was spost to be 12w faster IIRC.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

njee20

by njee20

I guess it's diminishing returns, but that seems disproportionate based purely on the apparent level of aero-ness.

Chirobike

by Chirobike

Well, got my first look at it in person today. Very nice. Was worried about brake feel with all the internal routing. It was like "butter" smooth compared to my TMR01. I'm afraid I'll be selling it for either the new Madone or Venge. Love the BMC but the brakes, especially the front, are poorly designed and it shows. I guess that's why you don't see many in the peloton. Haven't seen the Venge in person yet but it shouldn't be long I guess but the cable routing there is a little extreme, too, and still a linear brake. Not sure how that will feel. Trek's center pull brakes are nice. The little brake flap was neat. This particular bike (since it's for sale) had an uncut fork and lots of spacers making it feel a little flexy on the handlebars despite their size. MSRP is $6200 for mech Ultegra in case anyone is wondering.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com