2016 Madone 9

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kookie

by kookie

How is the braking and mech. shifting? Just curious about the cable bends from the bar/stem through the head tube.

plasmaman100

by plasmaman100

kookie wrote:How is the braking and mech. shifting? Just curious about the cable bends from the bar/stem through the head tube.

Braking is excellent, really good and comparable to my old da 7800 brakes. The mech shifting is fine but not as good as the old da 7800 but I knew that would be the case anyway. Bike shop did all the cable routing so cant comment too much. I asked about removing the spacers if this would have any affect on the cabling performance and he said I'd be fine trying with different height which I have been. The two spacers is my fitment so I'll probably stick with the two anyway. Really easy to adjust given the spacers come in two parts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

Just use a hosting site for the pics - imgur, tinypic, Flickr, etc. Best way to get them up. Would like to see some shots.

plasmaman100

by plasmaman100

Posted some pics of the build in the gallery section.

eric01

by eric01

Was reading another review of the trek in another magazine. Realized that I haven't seen the same level of coverage for the new specialized venge. Seems like everywhere you turn there's a positive review for Trek -- all pretty much the same conclusion too: awesome bike, questionable to maintain and really expensive. Credit to treks marketing department. They seem to have won this round
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

kgt

by kgt

Keep in mind that most riders in Trek team use it without any apparent issues while Specialized seems to try hard to persuade its riders to ride their vias. Even in flat stages.

kkibbler

by kkibbler

"Most riders in Trek team" as in Trek Factory Racing versus Specialized as in Astana and Specialized as in Tinkoff-Saxo?

Not saying you're wrong, just consider all angles.

kgt

by kgt

That is indicativeenough IMHO.

NealH

by NealH

Astana and TS typically have much more on the line than Trek Factory, so to speak. At least this was mostly true this year especially at the big events. Riders often are hesitant to ride new things as they most often are not fully thrashed out. At the Tour the Vias didn't even have the right parts installed. Spec was rushing to make it visible and compromised in a couple areas.

Of the two, I like the looks of the Madone better. But I bet the Vias will sell more. Neither one will make the companies profitable as sales of high end road bikes are not so good. Way too expensive for what you get.

53x12

by 53x12

I wouldn't mind a Madone 9 P1 like this one:

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

that neon yellow one doe.

53x12

by 53x12

Not a Madone 9 doe bro.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

pitbull

by pitbull

Is that a Front suspension in the first pic ?

wingguy

by wingguy

Lol, headshok Madone would be awesome :P

It's just all the innards of the steerer tube cable routing though innit?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

batty

by batty

hello all - newbie here.
I've ordered an H1 in TFR colours.
It's been quoted as a long lead time - I ordered it mid Aug and they quoted November delivery, maybe earlier.
Anyone else ordered one, and how long did you have to wait ?