2016 Madone 9

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

allencanna

by allencanna

it is good bike but changing bar/stem is nightmare.i promiss...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffy

by jeffy

saw one the other day, am i correct that the seat/saddle clamp setback is two options 20mm set back and 40mm setback.
I appreciate that as an aerobike and aero position can generally means more setback (if you subscribe to certain bike fitting methods), but what if you require a zero setback for fit - or even just prefer a very much forward TT like position?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

allencanna wrote:it is good bike but changing bar/stem is nightmare.i promiss...

honestly anyone getting that caliber of a bike is/should get a fit or knows what they need. So how often are you going to changing those ?
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

jdc5r

by jdc5r

jeffy wrote:saw one the other day, am i correct that the seat/saddle clamp setback is two options 20mm set back and 40mm setback.
I appreciate that as an aerobike and aero position can generally means more setback (if you subscribe to certain bike fitting methods), but what if you require a zero setback for fit - or even just prefer a very much forward TT like position?

There is a 5mm offset option and a 25mm offset option.

Not sure where you got 20/40mm from?

junchen

by junchen

Kayrehn wrote:I'm frankly bored by all this talk about how much super bikes should cost. If price is a concern, some bikes are not for you, simple as that. Start a thread on the bike industry economics elsewhere. Let's go back to talking about its qualities etc. As it is, Tour magazine has already commended its aero qualities, so if people buy that they'll be happy to own one.

For what it's worth, I've already seen 2 on the road in tiny Singapore and the shop has posted pics of a few TFRs going out. Stock black paint job is really quite boring though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think Singapore as a market is fairly unique. It's the only place in the world where every 5 cars is a bmw or Mercedes in a public housing residents car park[emoji14]
I see plenty of high end pinarellos sworks, treks, looks on my weekly rides.

Sorry for OT..

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

russianbear

by russianbear

Ah yep, sorry about the mis information regarding the head tube measurements guys. I think I was looking at the wrong column in the geo chart after measuring the bike.

jeffy

by jeffy

allencanna wrote:it is good bike but changing bar/stem is nightmare.i promiss...

what happens if you want to use a different bar/stem?

what happens to the internal routing?
I would like to see an alternate stem that incorporates the routing so you can use a different bar, as bar shape is a very personal preference item.

Broady

by Broady

Never been a big fan but this looks superb:

ergott

by ergott

Slack wrote:As you can see on the chart, the 56 cm is listed as having a 17 cm head tube and that includes the bearing cover/top cap as shown in the photo of a H2 56cm.

Is there a chart for the bar/stem size options?

I wanted to spec out a bike, but can't find the "stem" angles/ lengths offered for a given bar width.

I'd also like to know bar reach/drop.

Thanks!
:beerchug:

spartan

by spartan

Reach Drop
123mm 93mm
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

jeffy

by jeffy

angle 7*

ergott

by ergott

I've looked up pics and see what like like - 17 and - 10 to my eye. What isn't this information easier to find? How is bar stack measured since there is what looks like stack below the bar/stem?

The front end seems really hard to pin down for someone that already knows their fit and wants to see how this bike would be set up to work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Stem is indeed 7 deg.
There is only 5 and 25mm offsets available.
I like the bike a lot (have it now for 3 month).
Only the cable rattle...... grrrrr although part of it comes from the DA brake levers... a body knows how to stop that?
Pascal

2012 Colnago C59 MTBK Camapgnolo Hyperon Ultra 2 and Campi SR11
2014 Merida Big 99 CF team fully
2015 Pinarello F8 Sky Campagnolo Bora Utra 2 and Campi SR11 EPS (RIP after crash)
2016 Trek Mad-One Limited Team Edition

Shrike

by Shrike

Madone frame really is a looker to my eye. Even though I've never been a fan of Trek.

Something I was wondering about from the comments - that this frame has been unsuccessful in races? I know it's not really important but is it true?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

You don't have 3-4 teams using it like specialized .. and it's still 99.99999% the rider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault