2016 Madone 9

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

53x12

by 53x12

micky wrote:Im not trying to defend Pinarello (never owned one, and not planning to own one) but Ive been explained by a dealer of a lifetime warranty brand that actually the warranty claims usually happens inside the first 2 years; afterwars almost zero.

If I remember correctly, the Cannondale SystemSix corrosion issue and the Cervelo R bottom bracket issues came up for many after two years. Definitely varies from issue to issue and how much time and miles an owner puts on the bike.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Are there any dealers out there that actually tell you the truth in this industry? Seems like the bs level is increasing every year.

wingguy

by wingguy

micky wrote:Im not trying to defend Pinarello (never owned one, and not planning to own one) but Ive been explained by a dealer of a lifetime warranty brand that actually the warranty claims usually happens inside the first 2 years; afterwars almost zero.

Usually, but definitely not a rule to go by. For example we sold a lot of Ti bikes (from a highly reputable manufacturer) that developed cracks in the BB weld over time. How long it took those to show just depends on how much the bikes were ridden. With daily use it might happen in 6 months, if it was a 'perfect day' bike it might take years.

From Cervelo we saw a few Alu S1s with cracks around the seat collar after at least 5 years that were replaced with carbon S2s.

That said, a warranty is really only worth the faith that the company puts behind it. You might find a 'lifetime warranty' company denies everything, and a '2 year' company replaces on good faith after much longer. YMMV.

Andrew69

by Andrew69

wingguy wrote:You might find a 'lifetime warranty' company denies everything

I can think of at least one that seems to deny everything, at least with its bike sold in Australia

grover

by grover

Just for interests sake. I was at my local dealer today. Madone 9 project 1 is on the dealer website (launches to public project 1 on the 7th of August)

There is an option for H1 and H2 geometry in the 600 series frame. Not sure if H2 is offered in 700 series, didn't check.

djconnel

by djconnel

Project 1 site is fun. I'd go there, paying the surcharge for stealth black :). I do wish they had more options on components though.

MRM

by MRM

Madone 9 Project One online!

Edit: Can't find a H1 option there (yet)... :cry:

cajer

by cajer

Do you have a link? I can't see project one for the madone 9 on trek's website.

MRM

by MRM

Sure. I wasn't sure if linking would be tantamount to advertising for Trek, so I didn't initially.

Here you go. Click me.

han1337

by han1337

This is going to be the latest addition to my stable.
Isospeed on a Aero Bike which is looking THAT hot with custom paint .. there is clearly no way around this one.
When I think of my old venge my back hurts and I dont see that changing with the new one.

superdx

by superdx

Wasn't the Project One website supposed to be up today?

cajer

by cajer

Check the post about 3 posts ago

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

superdx

by superdx

Ah got it thanks! Looks like the H2 frame, H1 not yet available, bummer

grover

by grover

H1 is available on the dealers project one site. I'm sure you'd have to actually chat to a dealer to order one. So go do it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Yeah, I spoke with 2 dealers today just to make sure. You don't get to specify on the public site which geometry you want. They have to do that when they are ordering the bike. They also spec stuff like stem/bar combo, crank length etc. H1 is available in the 600 series frame according to both.