BB problems - Rotor Ceramic 4130

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timujin

by Timujin

So I received my rotor 4130 ceramic press fit bottom bracket (packed with grease mind you, if they say it weighs 66g no grease, this was a whopping 77g n my scale) and installed it to my Canyon Ultimate CF SLX frameset... put the thinnest washer on the crankset, I have a rotor power meter so in effect its a 3D+ ... i hand tightened it and gave the cranks a spin and noticed it was not very free... very tight infact... when i torque it up, got worse..

Thinking its just a new BB, i gave the cranks a good hand turning for about 10mins but nothing, still very stiff..

Anyone had similar problems??

Thanks,

Timujin

by Timujin

Solved it I think....

This bad boy I had still on the non drive side as I took it off my derosa which was BB30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djcharlou

by djcharlou

Hi,

I'm asking what you think about these 4130 bearings after almost 3 months since this post ?
I read that since the balls in the bearings are smaller, it can wear faster ... what about it ?
I have a BMC TMR01 with BB86 too and wondering if this is good value.

Thanks in advance

Timujin

by Timujin

djcharlou wrote:Hi,

I'm asking what you think about these 4130 bearings after almost 3 months since this post ?
I read that since the balls in the bearings are smaller, it can wear faster ... what about it ?
I have a BMC TMR01 with BB86 too and wondering if this is good value.

Thanks in advance

These bearings are ok, they run smooth but when compared to ceramic speed (on various bike in our group) my crankset moves less freely... when i free spin (chain off) i manage about 1.5 revolutions... ceramic speed bearings, the cranks spins maybe 10/15 times.... if you have an expensive bike, go ceramic speed.... i have just ordered mine, PF4130..... will report back once i have it installed and used a few times