Srm setup with super six evo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

Hi on my evo I had the 3d forged si hollogram crank, that crank has 109mm spindle instead of 104 as before version. So I just bought srm on SL crank (2012 version ) so the srm spindle is 109 too so I thought I could take the same spacer and shim to install my srm crank, I have a 2.5 spacer on the drive side and 7.5 spacer on the non drive side, but with or without these spacers my crank is really not fluid even if I torque at 7-8 nm.

With my srm and crank I did not receive any spacers.
So do you know on evo super six and srm what kind of setup I need??

Thank you
Ninja

sungod

by sungod

assume this is bb30, even if the two cranksets are nominally 109mm there'll almost certainly be variation - so using exactly the same spacers may result in the new one binding

my sram srm cranks came with a spacer, wavy washer and the spindle has a preload adjuster (others may use thin plastic shims to set preload)

what does the srm install guide show?

i'd check with wherever you got the srm that there aren't parts missing

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Scooter

by Scooter

I'm running an SRM on my Evo Black Inc with SISL2 with no spacing issues. Did you get SISL2 or SISL cranks? That 109 spindle is for the SISL2. I'm sure you could use it with the SL's but the angle of the arm is different so your Q-factor will be wider. I'm also confused what issues you are having with SRM fitment. Can you provide pictures?
Cannondale 2013 SuperSix EVO Black Inc w/SRM
Cannondale CAAD 10 Team custom paint
Cannondale 2009 Slice HiMod
Cannondale CAAD 8 f/s w/BB30 (last US built CAAD8)
Surly Ice Cream Truck

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

my crank is sisl, not the sisl2.

I am fine now, I think ;-)

the srm is used, I just bought the srm on the crank + the srm spindle (109mm) thats it. so on the non drive side, I've just put the arm on the spindle and on the drive side, I've put 2.5mm spacer, 1 or 2 fsa shim + the wave washer.
Ninja

Scooter

by Scooter

It still sounds like you are running the wrong spindle. The 109mm spindle is for use with the SISL2. The "SRM Spindle" is a 104mm with a thinner flange on the non drive side (http://i39.tinypic.com/2apax4.png). You can also consult the cannondaleexperts.com.
Cannondale 2013 SuperSix EVO Black Inc w/SRM
Cannondale CAAD 10 Team custom paint
Cannondale 2009 Slice HiMod
Cannondale CAAD 8 f/s w/BB30 (last US built CAAD8)
Surly Ice Cream Truck

LeDuke

by LeDuke

As stated, you need the 104mm, SRM-specific spindle.

You can get them from any Cannondale dealer, or via various e-tailers like CannondaleExperts.com.

ms6073

by ms6073

Scooter wrote:It still sounds like you are running the wrong spindle.

I am currently running 2013 model SRM Hollowgrams on BB30 cross bikes with both SISL and SISL2 crank arms and the 109mm road spindle with no issues. If I recall correctly, SRM made a change to the recess in the back of the spider late 2012 to resolve spacing issues with PF30 frames so SRM's prior to this change may be problematic with 104mm road spindles. As an aside, I had issues with getting proper spacing using the 104mm SRM specific spindle until I had the bearing ridge machined off to mimic the 109mm road spindles.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com