Ritchey Handlebars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JasperGr

by JasperGr

sovereign wrote:
JasperGr wrote:
sawyer wrote:C260 stem is just a f***ing stupid design

It may, as Ritchey claim, better distribute clamping force ... I have no idea. Solution looking for a problem.

A stem that you have to remove tape for and which often scratches/gouges bars during normal installation is a poor design

I installed mine once, took it off and sold it

Junk - avoid

To be fair to Ritchey - generally their bars and stems are first rate

I agree with you! The C260 destroyed my fork tube...

Details?

I will get the pictures of my laptop tomorrow. I had the aluminium version of the c260 and I was happy. I do some road races every month and the road is not always smooth so at one moment the stem came lose. I reinstalled it with the correct torque and torquekey. After that it didn't came off till I checked my bearings and I saw a damn crack in the tube. Luckely scott sent a replacement fork for a Nice price but it wasn't their fould. Now I have a Zipp stem which I really like and they have them in OS for Giant and maybe Canyon, but it's heavy..

boots2000

by boots2000

Is it genuine Ritchey product?
It should have a Ritchey "hollowgram" logo inside one of the bar ends.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timujin

by Timujin

boots2000 wrote:Is it genuine Ritchey product?
It should have a Ritchey "hollowgram" logo inside one of the bar ends.

Hollogram is there :-)

Ritchey have asked I email them and replace under warranty.

JasperGr

by JasperGr

Here you are.

Timujin

by Timujin

Update: Rithey US told me to contact Europe and my retailer. Retailer will take them back no issue but then I'm left without bars for the interim... Surely as they cannot sell them on, I should be able to use them until the new pair come? Anyone got any experience with warranty replacements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timujin

by Timujin

Update:

So, ive been in touch with Ritchey Europe - (switzerland).

There take it on is, deal with the shop you bought them... total washing of hands... I explained that I shouldnt be the subject of inconvenience based on their lack of quality control on those handlebars that came to me. I even offered to deposit cash to the value of the bars in good faith to return the defected ones once I receive the new ones.

Surely they wouldnt sell mine on so should be no harm in me using until the new ones come.

Very poor from Ritchey. I expected more to be honest. Warranty replacements should always be in the favour of the client affording them the least amount of stress in the matter. After all, we have paid the price for it?

Jhomewood

by Jhomewood

That is disappointing to hear. Every time I have dealt with Ritchey North America they've been bang on the money. I hope they sort it for you, don't let it put you off them. They make fantastic product.

Q

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

JasperGR, that is too bad. I just now ordered a Superlogic C260 carbon stem. I have read some complaints, but this seems worse.
I also had another stem (alu), just recently, which seems sharp and precise in fit. I actually thought of this when i torqued it.
It seemed it could be prone to leave marks in the fork steerer.
Warranty often seems to be less than friction less, hope all turns out well.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Grill

by Grill

I've had 4 C260 stems over the past 3 years on many bikes and never had an issue. No marks, no crushed steerers, nada. Of course there was never a time I didn't use a proper torque wrench, but that's just me..

myungjinkim

by myungjinkim

Can I repair?