What stem with Cervelo S5 aero handlebar ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BmanX

by BmanX

That is such an amazing idea and surprised I did not think about that as I as just thinking about using a stock stem. If you bond a stem to the bar, you could have something very special and amazing.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeDuke

by LeDuke

@rjk8: Do you think a stem like the Ritchey WCS C260, and it's interface, would work with the S5 bar? Meaning, would the stem fit around the areas left or right of the clamping area and be able to slide into place?

I experienced a similar problem with the Syntace FlatForce stem on my MTB; it didn't work with every bar I tried. Due to the shapes of the bars the >180* clamp would interfere before it could move fully onto the clamping surface.

rjk8

by rjk8

LeDuke wrote:@rjk8: Do you think a stem like the Ritchey WCS C260, and it's interface, would work with the S5 bar? Meaning, would the stem fit around the areas left or right of the clamping area and be able to slide into place?

I experienced a similar problem with the Syntace FlatForce stem on my MTB; it didn't work with every bar I tried. Due to the shapes of the bars the >180* clamp would interfere before it could move fully onto the clamping surface.

I'm not familiar with that stem but from pics I've found online I dont see why not. There's 12.5mm of clearance for the faceplate to fit in.
R.J.
Some people tune their car, I prefer to tune my bike.
http://ilcappellino.blogspot.com/

Ghost234

by Ghost234

I had the Pro Vibe 7s stem for 2 years. I will never use it again. When you hit any sizeable pot hole or bump, the bars WILL slip. At proper torque you can turn the bars with your bare hands (including carbon paste). I ended up cranking the bolts until I was sure that my handlebar was about the break, and still if I hit a big enough bump the bars would slip. I only used the stem due to sponsorship requirements. If you look at the pro tour team stuff, they have the same stem but with 4 bolts.

That said, the Pro vibe compact carbon handlebar is my all time favourite bar.