Elite Custom Race - bottle ejectors

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djm

by djm

It seems I am either stupid by missing something obvious, or the Elite Custom Race bottle cages don't at all work with my Camelbak Podium bottles. They're a bitc* to get in and then gradually work their way out of the cages until they eject and disappear.

Throw away the cages or "repair" them, somehow...?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Grill

by Grill

Never once lost a bottle in those cages, even with that bottle. Why don't you just get new bottles if they're the problem?

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Never fail with Arundel.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

Richt1978

by Richt1978

Thats odd - Over 25,000 miles ridden with the same bottle and cage combination here (both 610 and 710ml sizes) and never lost a bottle.

Not quite as tight as the Arundel Mandible and Camelbak Podium combination other bikes which is tight enough to slightly crush them, but not loose enough for me to loose a bottle.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Cages and bottles are not necessarily compatible. Get some Elite bottles.

IchDien

by IchDien

Some mechanics put a strip of grip tape on the bottle cage for Paris Roubaix etc.

djm

by djm

I have a ton of Podiums so I guess the Elite cages will be binned.. Replacing with either Mandibles or King Cage, which are working perfectly..

Weird thing is the bottles are really hard to get both in and out of the cages when they are seated. It is to the point where I fear ripping the mounts out of the frame..

TMz

by TMz

I recently got some blackburn chicane stainless bottle cages cheap from ribble, when using Elite bottles in them it was a really bad fit, very loose, bottles just seemed the wrong shape.

With my podium bottles though seem made to measure, perfect snug fit. The cages look great as well imo, and super cheap from ribble.

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

Richt1978 wrote:Thats odd - Over 25,000 miles ridden with the same bottle and cage combination here (both 610 and 710ml sizes) and never lost a bottle.

Not quite as tight as the Arundel Mandible and Camelbak Podium combination other bikes which is tight enough to slightly crush them, but not loose enough for me to loose a bottle.

Same here, I've used Elite Customs and Camelbak bottles for a few years now and no problems at all.

fogman

by fogman

My Elite Custom Race hold the Camelback bottle fine, but I get a creaking sound with this cage/bottle combination. Elite cages are easy to find but Elite bottles are more difficult to find, even online. I was interested in getting the Jossanova bottle for my Custom Race cage, but am having trouble locating them.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com