C60 dropout, Di2 wire and a problem with CycleOps trainer :(

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

showdown

by showdown

Hello gang,

I have a bit of a problem and I'm hoping that the collective braintrust can help me troubleshoot it.

I race a C60 with Di2. I mostly use a Wahoo KICKR to train on in the winter and when I'm indoors. When I go to race, in the past I brought along with me a CycleOps Fluid trainer on which I warm up. The CycleOps has done me right in the past with all my previous bikes (CX-1, M10, C59 (if you hadn't guessed we're a Colnago sponsored team))

Yesterday at a race I went to mount the C60 into the trainer and I found that because the clearance around the dropouts is so tight there's no room for the Di2 wire to navigate around the trainer's mount. The C60 dropout has very little clearance to the chainstay out of which comes the wire and that seems to prevent anything from fitting without pinching and cutting the wire.

I'm wondering what some possible solutions to this mess could be. A larger nut, a smaller nut, a shim that backs the mount away from the frame a bit?

I'd like to not purchase a new trainer and the KICKR is just too damn heavy to lug to races

:(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com