BMC TMR Integrated Brake Arms Not Aligned

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vision646

by vision646

Hi there,

This is my first time building a bike and I've run into an issue with the brakes. The BMC TMR has integrated brakes and one of the arms isn't pulling in as far as the other, this causes the bakes to rub on one side and the other side's arm to stick way out. I'm at a bit of a loss on how to adjust this sort of thing, anybody got any ideas? Below are some pictures to make it more clear. Thank

Pic from the bottom showing the brakes

Right side pic showing brake arm aligned with the chainstay

Left side pic showing brake arm sticking out further than the chainstay

kkibbler

by kkibbler

Adjust them as you would any old V-brake. I'm not familiar with this model in particular but I assume that blue colored grub screw in the bottom left of the 1st pic, that adjusts spring tension for that brake arm. Tighten/loosen either side until the brakes are even with the rim, pull the brake lever and see if both levers close simultaneously, and if they don't, adjust those screws some more until they do.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KarlC

by KarlC

There are very small allen head screws on each side of each brake for this adjustment, they can be seen in the below photos if you look close.

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

amb001

by amb001

I initially had the same issue when building my TMR01 and as advised, adjusting the spring tension on each side via the small bolts takes care of the problem