Wilier Triestina 2016 range, new lineup.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

zirxo

by zirxo

I really don't like the new Cento1 SR, it looks a bit weird without the ISP. And the colours is all wrong. The current model is way better looking imo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

I agree. It's not really light or really aero, but with the ISP it just had some kind of sexyness and appeal. It was on my shortlist of bikes I'm considering. Now it's just meh! and I'll go fully aero instead.

/Martin
Last edited by Martin.dk on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

kgt

by kgt

My experience with Wilier Cento Uno (the 2008 version) was that ISP is a great idea and it really works when well designed. That frame had a sublime ride quality and ISP was a part of it.

Calpol

by Calpol

I have been waiting to see this years range as I fancy upgrading my Izoard XP. Last years colours didn't do it for me. 2016 are an abortion. I am so disappointed. I don't like any of them regardless of how good they are.
Looks like I'll be sticking with this or trying to pick up a Basso.

wingguy

by wingguy

Why not play around with the infinitamente colour designer?

Doyler

by Doyler

I don't like the new frames at all.

For me, this generation of the Cento Uno was the pinnacle of Wilier frames.

I do like their typeface for Wilier.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, that's a fine looking design above. I think their worst are the ones with all the geometric pin striping.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

eric01

by eric01

What's the verdict on the Zero.7? Online reviews are rather scarce, but the ones I have come across don't seem that favorable.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

kgt

by kgt

True... seems like the first edition of zero7 was a much better frame. Rave reviews for that one.
The new zero7 seems to have headtube-fork stiffness issues especially in bigger sizes.

Doyler

by Doyler

I have the new Zero7. For me it is a bit sketchy at the front end. Still getting used to it. I think I will learn to love it... cos I'm gonna force myself to. I've had a Cento Uno in the past. Similar to the one I posted earlier but not the Superleggera. It was super nice to ride. Both XL.

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Like Doyler, me too switch the cento1 superleggera petacchi (like pic posted) to a 2015 zero.7.
I only ride 2x around 50km each (to adjustments and here is winter so now raining a lot). But i feel the front a little 'ungovernable' (or more sensible) too. Perhaps because it's more light and i will have 'footprint' over the time.

Sorry for my poo-r english

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

Also am sad to see the ISP gone on the cento1sr, and also that it seems they won't make a cento1sr disc any more. I really love mine. I guess this way I don't catch upgrade-itis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fluoro7

by Fluoro7

If I were rich I would pick up a Petacchi Supperleggera and hang it on the wall 8)
Wilier Zero7 (1st gen) Fluoro
RIP Cervelo R3 2012 White on Black

MrRouleur

by MrRouleur

damn!!! i can't believe i was sleeping under a rock and completely missed out looking at the Wilier 2016 range. :-(

can anyone help me out :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com