FM066 vs FM069 hongfu

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JackWalk

by JackWalk

Coming off a scott foil and just am keen to build up either an FM066 or FM069. Which do you guys think would be a better choice. Foil was a 58 but am looking to go down to a 56, though I do like a very long position. Any thoughts are welcome

speedyvelo1

by speedyvelo1

There is huge thread related to this topic >Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame< may have all the answers you may need.

I have just gotten a Hong-Fu fm069, it looks very good. I am waiting for the new Campagnolo SuperRecord to come to build it.
It does not matter which frame you are going to get but my advice is the following

1. get BSA bottom bracket. There is a very good article in VeloNews by Leonard about the advantages of this standard.

2. ask them to send you the headset. Integrated tapped headset are not available everywhere. The one they sell for $15 is pretty decent. FSA has one for about 60 or 70 dollars I am not sure if it is worth. Unfortunately Chris King which produces the best headset do not make one for this bike (i got a message from them)

3, Ask them also for a carbon spacer set, seatpost collar if that is what you are going to use. I need a clamp with a QR because I need to remove the seatpost to get the bike in the car. My choice here is for the top of all the clamps "Chromag Bikes Seat Post Quick Release" # 32.

4. You may need a stem and a seatpost. Here is the key in reference to sizing a frame. If you know your reach and the total top tube length you can figure out : length of the stem and also setback of your seatpost. The one that comes with the frame is a 20mm setback iirc. In my case I need 0 setback so I have to use another seatpost.

I use tubeless tires so I did not order any wheels, I'll get Fulcrum zero 2-way fit or the Campagnolo Shamals.

Well this is a small summary of what I am getting for the Hong-Fu FM 069 frame. I will have a final impression of the frame after I spend few hundred miles on it ;-)

-=terry=-

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JackWalk

by JackWalk

Thanks for the insight. Am most likely going to get the FM066 sl

Marin

by Marin

Good choice, it's a really good frame. I'm biased, I have one :)