3g(34.9) Seat Clamp!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

adrianlmp1246

by adrianlmp1246

This is my 3g Parts of Passion Seat Clamp, but i am not happy with the finish at all. The Carbon is splintering and its just an all round bad finish. I am going to Contact them tomorrow and see if they can send me a new one. I took it out for a 50mile rider earlier and it held my weight(162lbs) just fine.

danbjpa

by danbjpa

Hi adrian!

you change the seatclamp? i think saw other yesterday on your topicbike. I was ask if the old are a Carbonice Eva 2.0.
could you tell me the stack height of the twos seatclamp that you have? i'm searching for a 12mm height with minimalistic design like mcfk (they dont produce seatclamp anymore) but i only find a 15mm (mcfk) and others brand dont info the stack height of their seatclamps.

they tighten the seatpost firmly (without slippage)?

Thanks

Sorry for my poor english

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

adrianlmp1246

by adrianlmp1246

Hello danbjpa,
No, the old seat clamp was a Mcfk 5g modified with a ti-bolt. Mcfk claims it's 5g, but that is for the 31.6. Mines came in at 9 and I got it down to 7 with the ti-bolt.
I think the stack height depends on the size you need.
My Mfck and POP clamps are 16 mm.
My girlfriend has a Mcfk clamps that's 14mm.

Both of my clamps slipped while riding even though I tightened them to the recommend torque. To solve the problem I had to use no slip carbon past.
With the past the Mcfk hold 210lbs pounds without any slippage and the POP holds 190lbs

I hope I answered you questions and if you have anymore please feel free to ask. :thumbup: