DIY Di2 sprint shifters

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Grouk - for the climbing shifters do you have 2 for up and down the rear cassette? If so, can you please let me know how they are wired in.

Also, did you use the specific sprint shifter wires plugged into the bottom port of the shifter (which I believe has a different port) or a standard e tube cable).

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grouk

by grouk

in the climber shifters i have in the left 1 shifter that up in the cassete and in the right i have 1 that down in the casssete, i bought i normal cable cut in half plug in the port in shifters that is diferent then the others, two are rounf and one is round and have a cut. that is a port for a normal on of switch. use that

I'll put the best photos and draw a diagram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grouk

by grouk

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Thanks really helpful - many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaric

by aaric

Given the leads are 200+mm, is there an easy way to connect to the ribbon after cutting them shorter? Soldering seems to melt right through the ribbon.

alanmclean

by alanmclean

Thank you for sharing this great idea. I am not very good with electrics so would prefer to use the Shimano own brand "sprint" buttons for climbing buttons if possible. Are the leads long enough to reach the top of the bars or do they only reach the drops for real sprinting? Anyone measured the leads please?

I see Shimano sell a two way Roubaix/climbing switch for top of the bars but it looks a bit bulky and I would like cool small buttons like the pics above.

Many thanks

Alan

goodboyr

by goodboyr

He's using the sprint shifter ports to connect the switches. Those ports accept "dumb" buttons, but only operate the rear derailleur.

grouk

by grouk

Sprinter switch only operate rear derailler but you could hack the left shifter and ad buttons

Enviado do meu DAGGER DG550 através de Tapatalk

djqgmffj

by djqgmffj

wow goodjob

jaedan23

by jaedan23

wow... Awosome!! I'll try to DIY...

svarteld

by svarteld

Hello,

Great info here, thanks.

I've got a question: is it possible to use the 7970 system without the road brake shifters, and only plug multiple diy simple inline switches into the top junction box? I'm looking to build a custom setup 1x10 for my tempo bike without the shimano shifters, be it road or tt, just the cateye switches.

Thanks

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Yes. No problem doing that. Do a search for the colour coded wiring diagram for reference.

svarteld

by svarteld

Many thanks! I will.

CallumRD1

by CallumRD1

Does anyone know if this can be done in any way on the newer Ultegra 8070 or Dura Ace 9170 hydraulic Di2 shifters? As I understand it, they don't have the dedicated sprint shifter port but they do have a free normal port.

Multebear

by Multebear

Does anyone no of a link to buying those exact buttons that OP is using? I've found numerous buttons on ebay, but they are either to big, thick or wrong in some other way. I was considering them for the TT bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com