Cervelo RCA

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

Nothing 'wrong' with the saddle. One would just expect to match this frame and wheels with a hi-end, more exclusive, more expensive saddle. That's all. Otherwise he may even use a Brooks if he likes...

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Aha.........I guess the pass/fail for that is carbon railed, etc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

That would look better yes...

Some guys feel like they are in the High Court of Justice. Relax guys, it's just a forum...

MNX1024

by MNX1024

JSS, why such a small frame?

wingguy

by wingguy

He said they just built it for him, so I doubt any measurements have been applied...

WeightySteve

by WeightySteve

goodboyr wrote:Aha.........I guess the pass/fail for that is carbon railed, etc.

Phew, tonight I will sleep!

JSS

by JSS

kgt wrote:Nothing 'wrong' with the saddle. One would just expect to match this frame and wheels with a hi-end, more exclusive, more expensive saddle. That's all. Otherwise he may even use a Brooks if he likes...

The saddle in the picture is one the bike shop used just for the photo, I had my old saddle, It is a Selle Italia SLR Tekno Flow, 115grams that is pretty high end to me, it is full carbon.

JSS

by JSS

MNX1024 wrote:JSS, why such a small frame?

Its just the picture it is a 58mm

RyanH

by RyanH

beeatnik wrote:hey OP, come out to Cali and do the the Montrose ride (50 mile hammerhead Sat Worlds 25mph avg) so I can drop you on my 21 pound cross bike as easily as I dropped my two pals on 11# Cervelos

and, finally, WW needs more http://www.instagram.com/outsideisfred

Beeatnik, those are awfully big words coming from someone that I haven't seen on the final selection of Grand View (long) or Sierra Madre (short). Granted, it's been awhile since I've done long, so who knows. Would love to see what the 21 pound cross bike looks/feels like on our Sunday throwdown up Nichols Canyon ;-)

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Hi Ryan! I had the KOM on LaGrange Sunday Race Portion (nichols to getty center) for about 2 years (before they finished the road work near getty center). And I stopped at lights.

You only saw me on Montrose riding my lighter Ti bika (buttery light at 16 pounds):

Got the KOM at Encanto on this bika (a tank at 15.5 pounds):

Anyhoo, I dig the eye candy Rcas (even with giant Camelbak bottles). We've got 4 guys who ride them at Montrose. A couple of weeks ago all 4 of them were at Cycle de Pro

http://www.cycledepro.com

RyanH

by RyanH

Haha, I figured that was you Albert. I haven't seen your Moots yet, bring it out this Saturday?

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Ryan, might skip Montrose to do the Cono Memorial Ride. But I need to get back to Nichols...
Last edited by beeatnik on Sat May 30, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Should have said "you know how those Canadians are".......

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

WeightySteve wrote:Mr GiB...

Appreciating the lack of, originally in this case, humorous, critisim someone can take over their new pride and joy (to be, as it had not even been delivered yet) is one thing, and wholly appropriate given the response of the OP.

Launching unsubstantiated attacks on one's stamina, pedalling technique, lactate/pain tolerance and ftp is going a step too far...

Nah, I was just trying to wind the OP up and get him to come back for more punishment or to defend himself. Attack on his stamina? FFS it's obvious I have no idea whether he can ride - never saw the bike so couldn't even comment on setup...cause he took it down and "went home". But hey, you show any inability to laugh at things around here and we jump down your throat. Law of the jungle.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

kgt

by kgt

JSS wrote:
kgt wrote:Nothing 'wrong' with the saddle. One would just expect to match this frame and wheels with a hi-end, more exclusive, more expensive saddle. That's all. Otherwise he may even use a Brooks if he likes...

The saddle in the picture is one the bike shop used just for the photo, I had my old saddle, It is a Selle Italia SLR Tekno Flow, 115grams that is pretty high end to me, it is full carbon.

great

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com