Need advise on which bike to get

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sisbud

by Sisbud

Hi guys, i am having an itch to build another bike.

I am a 35 years old cyclist with about 5 years riding time.
My current road bikes consist of Trek Domane and a Dogma F8.
I just ride for leisure and a century once every 2 months.

Currently, i could get either a new colnago c60 or a second BMC team machine SLR01 at a great price.
Which one of these should i get for my next bike?
An input from anyone who has ridden both bikes would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

Since you don't "need" a high performance bike anyway, I'd say get the one that looks better in your opinion.

kgt

by kgt

If you want a frame to keep for many years then C60. If you just wany to try something new in order to replace it after a few months then SLR01.

Citizenfox

by Citizenfox

For sure the C60 for your riding. The BMC would only win if you were going to race it, maybe.

jeffy

by jeffy

how about a c60 disc / shimano hydraulic etc.

mimason

by mimason

Definitely the BMC over the Colnago since you already have a cool Italian bike. You need to get a bike representing a different county or at least painted in that country. After the BMC I'd go for something French or German then repeat but remember to get the C60 once Italian is next. Somewhere in there get a Giant or Spesh. When you are fluent then go custom.

In all seriousness I would if I could get away with it have 2-3 bikes and rotate out a bike each year but I tend to keep what I have for at least 4-5 years. So I guess my jabs at you were out of admiration and jealousy. Good for you but seriously consider custom. It may save you some money in the long run.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Your current two bikes are quite different, one race bike and one an endurance bike. I think you need to decide what you want the bike to be and what you are more comfortable riding, answering that question will be a huge help in choosing your next bike.

I ride a Colnago c59 which has identical geometry to the c60, it's great at climbing maybe due to the shorter chain stay, but that's only one facet, it's also very comfortable for long rides in the saddle. C60 is as good as it gets in my opinion, but a more relaxed bike might possibly track better on fast straight line descents. Also the Colnago is fairly expensive.

i'd let the geometry help guide you. it's one of the most important elements in making the decision.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

russianbear

by russianbear

How about a steel road bike?

beanbiken

by beanbiken

My vote would be for the C60 or perhaps to give you something different as RB mentioned what about Ti or SS.........??
BB

Coffee & carbon

Molotov

by Molotov

Also have to back the 'nago, however 'd also agree with Russianbear and say get a steel one - Master X-Lite with full SR - beauty and a bit different !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com