Canyon Aeroad H11 di2 Charging

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tomdaws

by Tomdaws

Am I right in thinking that to access the di2 charging port on a Canyon H11 cockpit, I need to unscrew the cover underneath the bars ? Anyone else do anything different ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

labracing

by labracing

Hi, I asked Canyon the same (Send an email on 12.06.15 still waiting for a response, early days as yet..), well I asked them if there is an adapter for the charger set up received with the bike as a member of there staff said that the small plastic plate held in place with two countersunk allen screws on the tube running down to the crank is a magnetic charging port. I'm waiting on confirmation if that is the case?

Tomdaws

by Tomdaws

labracing wrote:Hi, I asked Canyon the same (Send an email on 12.06.15 still waiting for a response, early days as yet..), well I asked them if there is an adapter for the charger set up received with the bike as a member of there staff said that the small plastic plate held in place with two countersunk allen screws on the tube running down to the crank is a magnetic charging port. I'm waiting on confirmation if that is the case?

Interesting, that sounds like a good idea but given the infrequent charging I wonder if magnetic charging would be worthwile....& surely we'd know about magnetic di2 charging ?

I've just ordered one of Canyons Garmin mounts for the Aeroad H11 which apparently attaches to the same screws as the little plastic cover. It will be interesting to see if this makes any difference to the access of the charge port under the stem

London506

by London506

Hi
Have you received your Canyon Garmin mount? does it use the same screws as the plastic cover?
I find the removal of this plastic cover for charging the Di2 battery annoying. It might well only need infrequent charging but you can guarantee I'll end up trying to screw the cover back on in the dark at 05:00 whilst trying not to wake anyone else when I should have left the house 10 minutes ago.
Cheers

DeeHubbs

by DeeHubbs

I can get over 3000 miles off of a single charge. I would not get very fussed about how fussy it is to charge your battery.

London506

by London506

Until you need to put it back on in a hurry. We're not all perfect.

Tomdaws

by Tomdaws

London506 The Garmin mount does use the same tiny screws & makes it even trickier to put everything back... however, I've recently re-taped my bars & found a couple of extra cm of di2 cable under the tape. There was enough 'slack' so that now I can remove the di2 box from inside the stem & easily access the charge port without having to remove any covers etc.
The extra cable just sits inside the stem above/behind the box when not being charged.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

no covers on mine... just double stick velcro tabs.. so far so good. I just can't seem to get any bolts to stay in those bars anyhow. My out front garmin mount.. I've sheered 3 bolts already..
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

ichobi

by ichobi

Yes you need to unscrew the bottom plastic cover. It can be a pain in the arse to reinstall it though as cables are often blocking the whole. Turn your bike upside down helps a lot. Watchout as well it's easily broken. Quite filmsy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vermu

by Vermu

I find it rather easy. Just flip the bike and remove/install.
Friend of mine has storck where the junction box isnt installed within the frame and at least in the current era of aero bikes, I find it a bit ugly.
Havent received my garmin mount yet, so have to see if it makes things more difficult.
About flimsiness, just put the plastic cover in and insert screws, haven't needed to use any force in installing it back