Sprinter Bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by 11.4

OliViner wrote:I've tried most top end frames for years - raced in Australia and Europe and im a sprinter.

Cant say enough good things about the CAAD10. Stiff, Light, Aero and cheap to replace if you bin it in a corner.

also the option for mechanical or electronic is a massive plus

Then get a CAAD10. It's a good bike for a strong sprinter.

Come back and share the races you've won on it. We're hoping to hear a lot from you.

Dombi

by Dombi

davidalone wrote:maybe if you want better advice give us your riding history and a shorlist of bikes that you CAN get.

I ride in a Hobbie Team and i train in a Triathlon team. I´ve been riding since i was a child.

Here my current power numbers:

Here some numbers at a good time:
5s-20,51
30s-10,70
1min-10,01
5min-6,36
20min-6,1
60min-5,88

I rode the Sl3, Sl4 Tarmac, a Centurion, Focus Izalco, Rose, Focus. I could get all Bikes but it's very difficultly to buy Bikes of small manufacturers like Look or Cippolini.

My new Bike should be a Sprinter Bike but it also be good in climbing. The new Bike of Andre Greipel is what i want. That's not the Noah.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeDuke

by LeDuke

As has been said, if you are at 5.88w/kg for an hour, post a power file. You will be provided a bike by whatever ProTour team signs you.

Dombi

by Dombi

LeDuke wrote:As has been said, if you are at 5.88w/kg for an hour, post a power file. You will be provided a bike by whatever ProTour team signs you.

That's what i want. At the end of the year i become get a member of a team. I go with the team to their training camp.

by 11.4

Ummm, ....... Respectfully, win some significant races and then ask about bikes. Your comments lack credibility, as do those numbers. If you can race like that you don't need to be asking anyone here what to get. You waste your own time as much as you do others'.

boysa

by boysa

I pointed this out... and in another thread by this same individual. Come on folks, pay attention.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

by 11.4

boysa wrote:I pointed this out... and in another thread by this same individual. Come on folks, pay attention.

Apologies, boysa. We were paying attention. I think you were just not the only one who needed to express some irritation. My bad. He's all yours.

tommasini

by tommasini

This earlier talk about Mark Cavendish winning on whatever bike....while his results haven't been as special as a few years ago, I've still taken some cues from his body position on the bike.......it has helped me go from being a slightly above average sprinter to one who has much, much more success........as you can see by the picture, there's lot's of surface area reduction via some focused body positioning (and training that way)......
Attachments
_71782459_cav_kittel.jpg

boysa

by boysa

@11.4 LMAO!
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Dombi wrote:
LeDuke wrote:As has been said, if you are at 5.88w/kg for an hour, post a power file. You will be provided a bike by whatever ProTour team signs you.

That's what i want. At the end of the year i become get a member of a team. I go with the team to their training camp.

My point, which was apparently lost on you, was that if you are as strong as you claim, buying a bike will be a waste of money. Because you will most likely be riding something else, from your (ProTour) team in short order.

hppy4u2

by hppy4u2

If funds will allow check out bellatisport.com since they seem to have some nice high end bikes. I have never ordered from them but like you I am a sprinter but more of a pure sprinter since I am only 5'10" and about 200 lbs.

A nice option for someone with lots of power is the DeRosa Protos and the Dedaccia Atleta. I have tried the DeRosa and it has quick handling and direct feel in spades! If I was looking for another bike it would be on my short list.

TerribleCadence

by TerribleCadence

Block the OPs IP address already!
FELT AR0 Now sold.
CAAD10 Force 22, Quarq, Ksyrium SLR
LOOK 695 Light, Force22, Zipp 303.