Selle Italia SLR Tekno Flow

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timujin

by Timujin

Hi,

Is there any of you who have used this saddle... Selle Italia SLR Tekno Flow.

And so, whats been your longest ride? was it comfortable? I have a Selle Italia SLR Super Flow now but want to upgrade.

Thanks,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rajMAN

by rajMAN

Hi Timujin, I recently purchased the SLR Teckno saddle and immediately was impressed with both the weight and the look. However with it having oval rails I have found it a real pain to fit with my 3t Iconic seat post with the difflock fitting clamp. The problem being that the oval rails and the clamp is just not a great fit and the saddle creaked on riding. I tried to rectify this with wrapping the rails in cuts of old inner tube. Problem still existed even with tightening as much as a dared.

The other slight issue I found was that I was catching the front of the saddle when riding from a stand position back into the seated position. The front has a slight edge to it so it favours the tip being pointed slightly downwards. As said, this is a minor issue but I have now taken the saddle off as I can't stand creaking and until I find a better solution the saddles on the shelf.

That being said, it looked fantastic on the bike. Sorry for the negatives but hope that helps. :)

Timujin

by Timujin

Thanks rajMan.

Good to know about the rail issue, I will investigate my clamp. I am building up my Canyon Ultimate CF SLX so going for a low weight build... How was the comfort on the ride?

I had never noticed that lip on the pics, but since you mention it.... im going to have to have to order both, the tekno and the superflow and decide.. its hit/miss direct online as our LBS's are pretty poor and never have test saddles..

rajMAN

by rajMAN

I should have added, I have the non flow model. Comfort wise I found it good, coming from an old but comfy Flite. My local roads are chip sealed and often the surface defects bounce you out of the saddle almost. Personally I would class it as a poseurs saddle or a special event saddle when every gram matters. I would not use it for everyday training perch and given that i paid £180 its an expensive ornament until I can sort out a different seat post. Again, it looks FANTASTIC.

basilic

by basilic

I have both the superflow and tekno flow. The cutouts are similar in size.
The superflow is well padded, I have it on a bike I ride sometimes in normal clothing with no chamois, no problem.
teknoflkow is harder but it's not shiny hard carbon where your sitbones go, it has a little give (fibreglass?). The first few rides I did find it a bit hard on the sitbones after 3-4 hrs, it probably depends what saddle you are coming from. No problem with the nose catching the bibs - it can happen but similar to other thin saddles.
The obvious difference is the weight, the teknoflow came in below the advertised weight of 110 (don't remember exactly).
SLR saddles are pretty indestructible in my experience, everyday saddles, including the light ones.

rajMAN

by rajMAN

I should add that my saddle comes in at 85g.

Timujin

by Timujin

Thanks Fellas.

Im coming from a Max SLR... our typical rides are 3-5hours on a sat/sun.... and it gets hot!!!!

just need to check my Seat post tonight for shape... as its a complete new bike...

Timujin

by Timujin

there goes my idea to get the Teknoflow... measured sit bones twice and they are 11.5cm wide.... so a 13.1cm width, the saddle could be a tad small... gutted

bigpab

by bigpab

Timujin wrote:Hi,

Is there any of you who have used this saddle... Selle Italia SLR Tekno Flow.

And so, whats been your longest ride? was it comfortable? I have a Selle Italia SLR Super Flow now but want to upgrade.

Thanks,

I have it for a bit more than a year now...
i thought id add my ho
Longest ride was the 3 peaks challenge...235kms on the victorian Alps of Australia... total time 9 hours....
i can't speak high enough of this saddle...with good bibs(assos) i race from 50 to 100kms races and trained for the 3 peak fondo doing lots of ks...
I love this saddle
Its hard for the first 10 min you're riding ...then you sit on your sit bones and you forget its there
i guess....the thing with it is...if it fits your sit bones....its great...has padding where it matters

Timujin

by Timujin

bigpab wrote:

I have it for a bit more than a year now...
i thought id add my ho
Longest ride was the 3 peaks challenge...235kms on the victorian Alps of Australia... total time 9 hours....
i can't speak high enough of this saddle...with good bibs(assos) i race from 50 to 100kms races and trained for the 3 peak fondo doing lots of ks...
I love this saddle
Its hard for the first 10 min you're riding ...then you sit on your sit bones and you forget its there
i guess....the thing with it is...if it fits your sit bones....its great...has padding where it matters

nice one mate.

its on my xmas shopping list... need to watch my spend as i get a BMC tt bike which will take priority...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com