TriRig brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fifarafa

by fifarafa

Hi,

What do you think about Omega with C'dale SS evo nano?
http://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=omega

mrlobber

by mrlobber

What's the point of an aero brake on one of the most un-aerodynamic framesets out there (as Damon Rinard said Cervelo has tested)?

Go for lightness on your Evo, choose either EEbrakes (light, excellent stopping power, crazy expensive) or KCNC C7 (light, adequate stopping power (YMMV), cheap (relatively)).
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miller

by Miller

I think you'd be nuts to put a brake designed for time-trial bikes on a normal road bike, no matter how high-end.

The tririg is a great design for what it is, which is to provide a very aero brake calliper for TT bikes with conventional brake placement. They're finicky to set up and their stopping power while ok is not overwhelming.

Previous reply gives pointers or why not (radical suggestion) just get the brakes that go with your groupset.

fifarafa

by fifarafa

I've Far and Near brakes now and I need much stopping power...

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Then again, Tririg ARE NOT what you need.

I'm using Omega front on my aero road bike (with Shimano direct mount rear), and it is enough fo my flat country and my road races, but I would never ride these on a serious descent, for instance.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike