Millenstein Clincher Schwarz vs Bora Ultra 50 Clincher

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I have both wheels.
I run the Meilenstein with Vittoria Corsa CX 23mm and the Bora's with Mavic tyres model 2015 25mm.
In dry conditions braking on the Bora's is a little better. In wet conditions I have only tried the LW wheels with LW pads and braking is horror although I'm convinced the LW wheels with the new 2015 Corima pad sin the rain should be good too.
I shortly tried the LW with Corima pads and CAmpa pads in dry conditions and braking was much better as compared with LW pads.
Regarding ride quality difficult to say.
But my feeling is LW wheels are much lighter so they will accelerate better but Bora's are more Aero and will keep their speed longer.
In a nutshell I do not think you can really compare both wheels. LW is more of a Climbing wheel, Bora is more of an Aero wheels.
Proably comparing LW with the Bora Ultra 35 is better...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lugan

by Lugan

I have no experience with Lightweights, but I am positively thrilled with my 2015 Bora 50 clinchers after a little over a thousand miles. They are incredibly stable, stiff, smooth, fast-feeling (subjectively) and reliable. I never thought I'd buy carbon clinchers, but these have changed my mind.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

How would you guys compare Bora Ultra 35 clinchers with the Meilenstein clinchers?