Saddle stack height

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

breakjnky

by breakjnky

Wondering if anyone knows of a saddle with a low stack height (rail to top of the saddle). Long story short, my fit has changed and my saddle is a lot lower now. I have a lot less seatpost showing, and my bike just looks goofy. It is superficial, but when I am gazing at my bike while it is in my office, it just looks goofy. Since I need a new saddle anyway, I was hoping there is something similar shape but without the height on it.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I would like to think the difference between saddle stack between manufactures is not all that great.. you must have lowered the saddle quite a bit to get to "goofy" status. My S-works power is about 4cm from bottom of rail to top of saddle in the middle... it slopes slight up at the back so maybe 4.4cm there.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shimmeD

by shimmeD

I'm in with you on that and went to measure my saddles. From the centre of the rails to the top of the saddle (at the centre of clamps and for me also the saddle) it's 35mm for the padding-less smp and 5 more for a romain evo.
Less is more.

KarlC

by KarlC

My Williams Aurora SLC is 38mm from the bottom of the rails to the top of the seat at center saddle, not bad for an under 150gs and padded.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

Selle Italia C64 Carbon is quite low. Around 35mm