Carbon Ti X-Hub SL .... Any users?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

excremanwu

by excremanwu

Any experience? :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

N.T

by N.T

I have been using the mtb version for some time know. No problems
Fuelled by kofein

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

A small bump - these hubs are not in the famous FWB hub review.

Jason (Fairwheelbikes) - if you read this, any plans on including these in the next review?

Would anyone be able to make a comparison of these hubs to the stalwart Tune Mig/Mag series?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

pavel

by pavel

prendrefeu wrote:A small bump - these hubs are not in the famous FWB hub review.

Jason (Fairwheelbikes) - if you read this, any plans on including these in the next review?

Would anyone be able to make a comparison of these hubs to the stalwart Tune Mig/Mag series?

any follow up?

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Gota set. Only rodden once thouh but that will chnage. Wide flange seperation so stiff wheels result. I have the fractional corssing for the ds rear recorded for spoke length calculation. Bearing peload adjustment really can be done by hand.

Long term reliability i hopewill be good but it is a hope.

liketoride

by liketoride

any other users? i am not loving the tune mag 150 and am looking for a light weight everyday hub set. Prend you get your set yet? Looking at the extralite and these right now but looks like this would be the better everyday set to go with but would like some more feed back.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Yes, I got my set (built up already - see pictures) but haven't had a chance to ride them yet. That may be a while as I'm drowning in work and projects at the moment... :(

Anyway, they're quite beautiful in person. Very robust look and feel. In hand the bearings are very, very smooth and the rear has a nice loud sound to it. If you like it quiet, these are not for you.

The wheelset, btw, are carbon clinchers (35mm depth, 23mm wide, aero shape w/ angled brake tracks) - at 1221g complete. :twisted:

liketoride

by liketoride

Work keeping you from riding, you sound just like me. Since I am right down the street from you can we work out a rental agreement :D

liketoride

by liketoride

Prend i know you are a WW so you have some scale shots of these. Can you post them for me please? Also do you know what bearings are in these? I was also wondering if the pre load was a set it once and forget it? My zipp rear and tune have had issues staying where i have set them. It is not hard to fix i just like knowing that the bearings that i put in are not getting shortened life span because of preload not being correct. Thank you

LouisN

by LouisN

Very nice !!

Looking forward to a real life, long (well, not too long, so hurry up and ride PF ;) ) term review of these hubs :beerchug:

Louis :)

pavel

by pavel

Is anyone aware of any wheel manufacturers using a rebadged version of this?

This looks very familiar: http://hermes-sport.com/products/

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

The Hermes hubs are different. Go under "tech" to see their front hub, quite different from the CarbonTi SL.
Also on the rear, while the concept is the same, the style of the drive-side flange is different.

liketoride

by liketoride

the rear hub also comes in at 215grams not 160 something claimed still waiting for the pic Prend :beerchug:

liketoride

by liketoride

it has been almost a month, i was wondering if anyone that had these would post a review on them for me please? Thank you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

excremanwu

by excremanwu

prendrefeu wrote:Yes, I got my set (built up already - see pictures) but haven't had a chance to ride them yet. That may be a while as I'm drowning in work and projects at the moment... :(

Anyway, they're quite beautiful in person. Very robust look and feel. In hand the bearings are very, very smooth and the rear has a nice loud sound to it. If you like it quiet, these are not for you.

The wheelset, btw, are carbon clinchers (35mm depth, 23mm wide, aero shape w/ angled brake tracks) - at 1221g complete. :twisted:

Nice Prend!

Currently, I mix the X-hub front with Mag170 rear
The front hub is really good, large bearing, excellent dishing, easy preload adjustment, and it is light
But the rear may be another story.....engagement, lateral stiffness...bababa...
Look forward to your review!