Colnago C60 or???

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Hi guys,

I am happy with my 4 year old C59 SR and hyperion ultra 2 wheels.
But.....
I like something new.

So, what is the best bike I can buy...
I am 88KG, 1.92M, ride mostly flat (Netherlands), but like also mountains in summer holidays.

I was looking into the C60 with SR EPS and Bora Ultra 35
Disc seems not the right choice at the moment.... too much weight and also performance wise not the upgrade one is expecting?

Do you agree, other suggestions? Pro / Cons?

Help me out....
Pascal

2012 Colnago C59 MTBK Camapgnolo Hyperon Ultra 2 and Campi SR11
2014 Merida Big 99 CF team fully
2015 Pinarello F8 Sky Campagnolo Bora Utra 2 and Campi SR11 EPS (RIP after crash)
2016 Trek Mad-One Limited Team Edition

Molotov

by Molotov

Well, the question is how light do you want to go ?
I personally believe mechanical groupos are great, but considering current component weights discs would be interested to try if your main goal is under 6.8

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ergott

by ergott

rodebaron51 wrote:
Do you agree, other suggestions? Pro / Cons?

Help me out....

Agree sort of. Discs are excellent. I just don't think they are necessary for every bike. If you are talking about a bike that's seeing messy conditions on a regular basis or a bike that you want more flexibility with tire choice and rim size, Discs are were it's at.

I still love taking out my road bikes with rim brakes. The nicer the weather, the more they come out to play.

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Hey,

I am 88KG myself (1,92m), so my goal is not to have a 6.8kg bike... love to have as light as possible, but stiffness, comfort and looks are important...

I almost decided to leave the discs out... now to the bike... what to do?
Stick to the C60 or???
The group is clear to me: SR EPS. no discussion....
Wheels... 90% sure....

But the frame... also 90% sure however;
No trek for me... maybe Sworks? But I don't see them with campa...
Pina.... looks a bit too playfull with all the bends in the frame... or is it just me?
Pascal

2015 Pinarello F8 Sky Campagnolo Bora Utra 2 and Campi SR11 EPS (RIP after crash)

ergott

by ergott

Stick with Colnago. They are awesome for a reason.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

I don't think discs are really necessary for a road bike either.
As far as 'upgrading' from c-59 to c-60, the geometry is the same. I don't necessarily view one as superior than another but that they might ride differently with the c-60 being stiffer and the c-59 more comfortable. In my own situation I don't see a benefit to the added stiffness , so would not be inclined to switch. I do like some of the c60 paint schemes, but $6,000 for a new paint job, does not sound like a good investment. If you don't like your wheels, just upgrade the wheels on the bike you have and sell the old ones.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

mimason

by mimason

Lots of copious love for Colnagos on this forum and probably well earned respect. There are lots of other great bikes out there too so whatever tickles your fancy. It seems you also ruled out Pina F8 so sticking with a what you know sounds like a safe and happy bet. If I were you I'd ride as many bikes as possible and go with the one that excites you the most. The Basso is something I would want to learn more about and also the Time and Wilier zero7.

LionelB

by LionelB

Or you keeping the C59 ? If not you should look for something different than a C60.

If you are getting rid of the C59 and like it a C60 sounds like a solid choice.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

I think c59 or c60 is as good as it gets. My suggestion if this is an additional bike is to go in a different direction, like a high end Ti bike. If you travel there's less worry of damage too.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Thx guys.

My initial thought is to take the C59 to my apartment in germany (I stay there 2-3 nights a week for work) and buy the C60 for home.

Its not only the wheels (I love my hyperion ultra 2's) or the group (also love the SR mech), just want something new....
New paint, new frame (ok kinda the same c59 or c60), but also now group (finally a EPS).

Maybe I should try a sloping frame?
Now I ride 61 traditional....
Pascal

MJB

by MJB

kgt wrote:no sloping please...

I read this often enough regarding Colnago and wonder...... why not sloping? Cambiago certainly has no problem with it.....

Sure narrower tube frames like Master and C40 may look better in trad. geometry but the C50, C59 and C60 have gone well past skinny tube construction.

Is there something else I'm missing here?

I ride a sloping C50 and a (trad.) Master X - my back says I prefer the sloping frame for longer distances, why is that so wrong?

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

the issue of sloping for me is strictly an aesthetic one. My C59 is sloping, it rides great. I do wish Colnago made a non-sloping version in my size.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

stanseven

by stanseven

I would look at the PinaF8 and the VR1. I've never even seen the VR1 but it is interesting.

mrgray

by mrgray

I've got a c59 with boras and sr mech and am currently having a c60 built up. Why? God knows but then again why not. I thought about other bikes but I know I'll still have an itch to try c60. Colnagos just excite me and having a high spec one seems like a very great thing to me at this point. My experience with lots of stuff including bikes is get what you really want now because compromises will eventually be seen as just that and you will end up buying again. Also we must accept that much of this is unnecessary and irrational. It's just what interests us. So I say go for your dream colour c60 with sr eps and dream wheels and ride the heck out of it and have a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com