Corima of Campagnolo brakepads on LW Meilenstein wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I know there are some topics about brakepads for LW wheels here but I can not find an answer on my questions.

I have a new set of LW Meilenstein Clincher wheels 2015.
I know the LW brakepads from before. IMO they are just ok in dry conditions and they just don't work for me in wet conditions.
This weekend I will try the Campagnolo red pads. did a testrid ein front of my house yesterday and they feel promising.

I also have the new 2015 Corima pads (older Corima pads were only made of cork, the new 2015 pads are a mixture of cork and rubber - very much like the Campagnolo pads.)

Anybody has experience woth Corima pads of CA pads on LW?

mrgray

by mrgray

I'm interested to hear how this experiment turns out as I am about to get some of the same wheels (albeit tubs) and i want something that works a bit in the wet. why aren't you worried about damaging the wheel with non-spec brake pads? do LW say you can use what you want?
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ico

by ico

Good to hear Corima updated their pads, hopefully the new mixture extend their lifetime too. Unfortunatelly not experience with them on LW, only on Corima wheels.

LionelB

by LionelB

I use the campy red pads on LW Gen III. It is better than the LW pads but quite a margin.

kgt

by kgt

I have also used the older Corima pads on my LW Ventoux in the past.
Braking with Corima in the wet was slightly less powerful but more progressive and does not squil. Much better feel overall.
Braking in the wet is better with the LW pads.

Something to consider is that LW suggests using only its LW pads cause "If you use different brake pads you will lose all rights to make claims under warranty, goodwill and/or WHEELPROTECTION."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I did ride the Amstel gold Race Gran Fondo this year (240km) with the LW wheels and Michel blue pads for carbon wheels (I quess they are very close to the Shimano blue pads) and no issues at all.
The LW pads don't give me that much satisfaction.

I've tested a set of Bora Ultra clinchers last week...braking is 100% better if you compare to LW with LW pads.

I might end up with a set of Boral Ultra 35mm clinchers (1320gr) as I weighted them personally (w/o skewers).
They provide better braking and better aerodynamics (but that of no importance to me as I'm not racing at all) but are 120gr heavier