Saddle Recommendations

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bely

by Bely

@superdx if you could measure the rail to saddle height that would be really helpful! - how does the Antares ride? All this saddle business is actually kind of confusing!

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

wheelzqc wrote:Testing the Specialized Power right now. Not the lightest, but very interesting fit. I'll test more in hills, but so far my bars that I thought were too low now feel high. Not sure why, but so far it's all good.

I've swapped both bikes to this saddle and will probably put a 3rd on my tt rig.
Using Tapatalk

wheelzqc

by wheelzqc

@mattsouth yeah that's the two things I've been thinking. I have the Power at the same spot on the rails (4.5) where I had the previous Romin and if I rrmove 3cm from the setback its a bit further back. Another thing, it's a 155 and romin was 143(and previous saddle 134). I might be just better seated.

#2 combined with proper width would be the ideal reason.

superdx

by superdx

I just got the R1 in the mail, and just opened it up. How do I measure from the rails to the saddle height? It's a very curved, not sure where to measure to or at which point to start.

But in terms of weight... man the previous Aliante was a porker!

survivor

by survivor

Fabric ALM...the leaf spring rail design seems to compensate well for the lack of padding.

Bely

by Bely

@superdx, maybe if you could - just take a quick measurement of bottom of rail to top of saddle (top of saddle being just like when you take Center of be to top of saddle measurement)

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming

stono38

by stono38

Bontrager Paradime. It's really comfortable and looks good!

spartan

by spartan

this saddle no longer in production imho the best. you can still find for sale online.

Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

qqstars

by qqstars

I have used fizik arione, and then changed to Spec Romin pro which with 160g weight. After switching, for the same pedal posation, my seat tube must rise for at lease 1CM.

And currently I have alternate romin pro into latest sworks Toupe. The latest SW toupe with 153g and with Level2 padding compared to other 160g-round level1 padding.

So I feel SW toupe is softer then Romin pro. Which means, comfy a little bit. Just like, using SW toupe without cycling bibs could achieve similar feel like Romin pro with cycling bibs.

dondomingo

by dondomingo

I ride the Specialized Romin pro. Great weight/comfort in my opinion

chayanat

by chayanat

Bontrager Affinity RXL Carbon, mine came just 155g on 148mm.