Custom S-WORKS Shiv TT

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aerodynamiq

by aerodynamiq

Tillquist wrote:Very nice bike, great job :thumbup:

But have you not turned SHIV TT text incorrectly.

An original SHIV on the framework, it is turned by 180 degrees.

Good eye! But I know. That's an original design element that I didn't like so I decided to change it. I think it looks more logical this way.
velonode.cc

highdraw

by highdraw

Can you tell us how the graphics were created?...was the base coat shot with a matte or gloss clear coat over it?
Beautiful.
PS: are you happy with the saddle clamp position? Seems like you need a seatpost...if available...with more setback.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aerodynamiq

by aerodynamiq

highdraw wrote:Can you tell us how the graphics were created?...was the base coat shot with a matte or gloss clear coat over it?
Beautiful.
PS: are you happy with the saddle clamp position? Seems like you need a seatpost...if available...with more setback.

The decals are die-cut, applied over the paint that had a layer of gloss clear coat on top.

I'm finally happy with the position. Actually, I've tried different seatposts and with a setback post I'm not getting as far forward as I need. I had to chose between a set forward seatpost with the saddle maxed back or a set zero seatpost with the saddle max forward. The UCI regulations aren't something I'm personally fond of when it comes to TT positioning, but I've finally got my way around it I guess.
velonode.cc