New Cervelo R7 road bike imminent

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

53x12

by 53x12

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

nlouthan

by nlouthan

There were some posts on the Cervelo board saying the UCI approval is actually old and that the "R7" is really the R5. :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

Yeah. I guess we will know soon enough. Probably by TdF time.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Ghost234

by Ghost234

I know a lot of the guys at Cervelo. Before the P5 and Rca launch many of them were testing the new frames (either themselves or at the HQ). I haven't seen any of them riding new bikes and theres been no mention of anything new at HQ. Unless PON has changed how they went about launching things, I don't think something new is coming down the tunnel - at least not yet.

trex021

by trex021

From the Cervelo forum:

Hey Guys, glad to hear that you are very excited about what we are working on. To set the record straight, the "R7" is just a name we were kicking around for the current version of the R5. We thought we'd include it in the list, just in case. If you check the UCI closely, you'll notice that this line item has an application date from 2012. This article is not accurate and based solely on speculation.
David Byer, Cervélo