2016 Merida Scultura 740g

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bigfatty

by bigfatty

ergott wrote:Were does one shop for Merida in the US?

in the US Mierda is sold under the Specialized brand. Specialized = Mierda :wink:

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

given Merida's prices, and especially their sweet off-season deals, this may also be the cheapest of lightest framesets. Merida was once on the forefront of pushing the weight, with their late 90's/early 2000's magnesium frames (mine was 1100g for a 56 :shock:) and I'm glad they're back on that road again. my only wish as a potential customer is they work on graphics, as their bikes look ugly as hell
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

bruno2000 wrote:Stupid ugly cablerouting for the new Merido imo.

Did we allready see the new Merida at the Giro?

I personally don't like the idea of the under-BB brake, otherwise a nice standard looking frameset considering their prices are very competitive.

boots2000

by boots2000

The Merida also has a high bb and really short stays.

micky

by micky

1st pro victory yesterday for this frame, few days after the launch.
Not bad pubblicity.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Same thoughts from me as well, though I highly doubt they were using the ltd version (if so they'll probably need a kg of lead weight!)

Raineman

by Raineman

I heard Lampre-Merida use the team version over the ltd as it is stiffer and a little stronger whilst still being light enough to be under the UCI limit.

I think the ltd version was more done as an exercise and to get people's attention than as a bike for pros. (would we be talking about it otherwise :D )

Jesper64

by Jesper64

tymon_tm wrote:given Merida's prices, and especially their sweet off-season deals, this may also be the cheapest of lightest framesets. Merida was once on the forefront of pushing the weight, with their late 90's/early 2000's magnesium frames (mine was 1100g for a 56 :shock:) and I'm glad they're back on that road again. my only wish as a potential customer is they work on graphics, as their bikes look ugly as hell

Yeah, Merida's last model year sales are normally pretty big. Maybe a Scultura 9000 this time next year? :D

sadisticnoob

by sadisticnoob

Their prices are fantastic in my country.

I grabbed a 2014 Merida Reacto 905 for around 2275 usd (converted) around 30% off retail price

2015 Reacto 5000 in my country is around 2125 usd, a screaming deal especially when you consider the ultegra shifters and mech on it