What is the latest PowerTap G3 firmware?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jspaceman

by jspaceman

Does anyone know what the latest PowerTap G3 firmware version is? PowerTap revamped their site and I can't seem to find the latest firmware version listed. It seems as though you have to physically plug the wheel into your computer and load up PowerAgent before you can check, which seems kind of cumbersome.

CulBaire

by CulBaire

There was a thread on here on how to update firmware not long ago.

If you are using a Garmin, I believe you can check the firmware version by going into the sensor details, the it shows a software version in two digits, these are the last two digits of the Powertap firmware version. (I might be mistaken here)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jspaceman

by jspaceman

Thanks. I know about how to look it up on the Garmin head unit, but what I mean is where on PowerTap's website do they list the latest firmware version?

ultyguy

by ultyguy

bump for this if anyone's found the thread. I got a G3 but it's reading about 20 watts low across every power level vs an older powertap that I've found very accurate and a Stages (and yes I'm accounting for drivetrain and L/R imbalances).

Thanks!

SkyePN

by SkyePN

Found this topic on search, was also trying to find what the last G3 firmware version was.

My Garmin reports the software version as 6.300 but I don't know if it's the last version available or if the Garmin is reporting it correctly.
Attachments
2023-04-13 Powertap G3 details.jpeg

SkyePN

by SkyePN

Doing some more searching, this post from 2014 says the latest version is 16.058

Can the Edge 500 display what firmware my Powertap is using?

Also it says his Garmin head unit isn't reporting the version correctly so who knows what mine is running.

Probably no way to update it anyway since the PowerAgent software is dead so I'm not going to worry about it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ipaul

by ipaul

My G3 is showing 28.40, using the AXS app and saying up to date.
:P