Numbers on Campagnolo 11 speed spacers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@ghisallo... I was thinking short chainstays before I even got to that part in your post. Cervelos used to have notoriously short chainstays at 399mm. The minimum spec by Campy for chainstay length is 405mm. Not to say it won't work, but for optimal performance it's always good to be within spec.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

Calnago wrote:
graeme_f_k wrote:...
We say it a squillion times a year but it does sometimes seem to have trouble getting through ... the reason Campagnolo (and everyone else) engraves or otherwise indicates a torque setting on the cassette lockring is because it matters - its 45-50nm for a reason! In Campagnolo's case, the supposed fragility in the spacers and the accurate spacing between the sprockets are both functions of how well compressed the spacers are - tightening the lockring to the required torque addresses both of these problems.

All good info in your post Graeme, and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the correct torque for the Campy 11sp lockring an even 40Nm? At least that what it says on any lock ring I've seen since 11spd came out. The last time I saw 50Nm was on 10sp stuff.

Whoops - lazy old me - cutting and pasting chunk from post elsewhere, sorry ...!
You are of course correct, 40 nm ... :oops:
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

excel11

by excel11

After straightening derailleur hanger, torquing lockring to 40nm, and using oil on chain instead of wax the shifting is perfect. However, I am still getting noise in the middle cogs but only on the outer chainring. The noise is slight but noticeable. The inner chainring is silent. When I adjust tension on cable to get rid of the noise - shifting becomes poor. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Solution(s)?

Of the 3 changes I made I am guessing that the one the made the difference is the correct torquing of the lockring. I only had around 25 nm on the ring. Thanks for the help!
What happened to you after you fell? - Steve Porino
"I got back up and started chasing" - Geraint Thomas