Ultra Lightweight CARBON WORKS bottle cage 5 gr

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

oldturd

by oldturd

After quite a delay from CanadaPost.. I finally received mine yesterday!

Very high quality feel, and of course light. :)

Obligatory photo:

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Oldturd, guessing you ordered direct from Simon? FYI, I'm in Mississauga ON if anyone you know wants some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oldturd

by oldturd

Yup, ordered direct from Simon but back in early March. Canadapost really played with my emotions by sitting on it for almost 2 months! They received it on March 26 (not a typo!!)...

I'll pass the word on that there's a Canadian distributor :) I'm out in Vancouver so shipping shouldnt take too long as well.

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

oldturd wrote:Yup, ordered direct from Simon but back in early March. Canadapost really played with my emotions by sitting on it for almost 2 months! They received it on March 26...

I'll pass the word on that there's a Canadian distributor :)

I feel your pain. They kept a frameset I ordered for 7 weeks.

For these cages, I cover North America :)

Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg

oldturd

by oldturd

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
oldturd wrote:Yup, ordered direct from Simon but back in early March. Canadapost really played with my emotions by sitting on it for almost 2 months! They received it on March 26...

I'll pass the word on that there's a Canadian distributor :)

I feel your pain. They kept a frameset I ordered for 7 weeks.

For these cages, I cover North America :)

This is the first time I've had such a poor experience with CP! Oh well... at least I got it in one piece

Glad to hear a fellow Canadian is overseeing N.A distribution of such a cool product :)

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

oldturd wrote:
Glad to hear a fellow Canadian is overseeing N.A distribution of such a cool product :)

Without the usual crazy Canadian mark-up either but working in the industry I can say that it's not always the fault of the dealer.

Enjoy the cages. I love mine.

Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg

gonsales76

by gonsales76

I've tried to contact with Simon by MP and mail,and I haven't received any response yet....

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

Carbonwork

by Carbonwork

gonsales76 wrote:I've tried to contact with Simon by MP and mail,and I haven't received any response yet....

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

Hi gonsales76!

I didn´t receive any mail from you.
Could you please try info@carbonworks or carbonworks@hotmail.de!

oldturd

by oldturd

Just did my first "road test" yesterday.. these are my favourite cages by far! I've only used the Tune Wassertrager 2.0, currently also have a set of King Cages, and of course the tried and true Elite Custom Races but none of them allowed for my bottle to slide in and out as easily and the grip on the bottles were of no concern.. woohoo.. would recommend these :)

justaute

by justaute

Any more update/experience on these cages?

On the MTBR forum, there were cracking issues with the area around the bolt hole. I don't really care about the light weight, but really like the aesthetics of these cages.

thumper88

by thumper88

oldturd wrote:Just did my first "road test" yesterday.. these are my favourite cages by far! I've only used the Tune Wassertrager 2.0, currently also have a set of King Cages, and of course the tried and true Elite Custom Races but none of them allowed for my bottle to slide in and out as easily and the grip on the bottles were of no concern.. woohoo.. would recommend these :)

How much rattling and jouncing did you subject them to, and have you tried diff bottles, just out of curiosity? ribcages have served me well, but have discovered the slightly heavier plastic ones have great grip on pretty much every bottle, but the carbon ones let a lot of bottles rattle...

shamrock134

by shamrock134

I have these cages mounted on my new bike and they survived a trip to Majorca (okay hardly the Paris Roubaix). It was around 30C mostly so the bottles were constantly being removed and replaced to hydrate.

All I can say for now is they look great, are really light and haven't snapped off or thrown a bottle yet after 1000km.

Bottle of choice with the cages is the Rapha Camelbak Podium.

oldturd

by oldturd

thumper88 wrote:
oldturd wrote:Just did my first "road test" yesterday.. these are my favourite cages by far! I've only used the Tune Wassertrager 2.0, currently also have a set of King Cages, and of course the tried and true Elite Custom Races but none of them allowed for my bottle to slide in and out as easily and the grip on the bottles were of no concern.. woohoo.. would recommend these :)

How much rattling and jouncing did you subject them to, and have you tried diff bottles, just out of curiosity? ribcages have served me well, but have discovered the slightly heavier plastic ones have great grip on pretty much every bottle, but the carbon ones let a lot of bottles rattle...

Not that much rattling and jouncing to be honest- I've done the odd gravel access paths and stretches of uneven asphalt but never noticed any rattling.

I use mostly Purists bottles however do have a couple Camelbaks which I have tried resulting in same. carbonwerks recommends the Tacx bottles though..

hope this helps!

RyanH

by RyanH

They ripped up the asphalt on a two mile stretch of our Saturday group ride, leaving grated concrete below. A group of us attacked on that section and the shaking was so violent that just holding the bars hurt. CarbonWorks cages held the bottles firmly in place and no rattling due to the cages.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justaute

by justaute

This is the mtbr thread I was referring to earlier. See post #37.

http://forums.mtbr.com/weight-weenies/l ... 03228.html